Chapter 6: First day

11:00am
Saint Petersburg Castle
Yuri's P.O.V
----------------
I was sitting in the water tub, completely embarrassed that Otabek had to undress me and help me into this, tub of water. Does he really not remember me? Is it because I'm human now? Maybe he was just messing with me when he kissed me. I knew this was all a waste of time. Playing with the bubbles and washing my hair became boring for quite some time, so I decided it was time to get out. I ringed the bell and Otabek entered the room with a white cloth.

"You have suds in your hair." He said and walked towards me. I hid under the water, knowing that he was going to touch me. Sadly, I can't breathe under water anymore so I eventually had to come out. He took a bucket of fresh warm water and dumped it on my head, washing the suds out. Then he quickly helped me out of the tub and I wrapped myself up in the towel as fast as possible.

"Here are your clothes." Otabek said handing me my dress. Otabek turned around and I quickly put my dress back on. I tried to brush my hair to the side, but it was still wet.

"Here." Otabek said, putting the towel over my head and rubbing my hair to dry it. I just sat there, flustered. He's so kind to strangers.

"Is that better?" He asked me. I nodded, smiling up at him. There was a certain thing he did that made my heart skip a beat, but I can't seem to explain it. Suddenly and unexpectedly, he started braiding my hair, pulling it back into a French braid and ending it with a little rope. The feeling of his fingers through his hair made me shiver at his touch. I wanted to be touched more.

"This will, uh, keep the hair out of your face." He said walking towards the door. "Lunch will be ready at one o'clock. For now you can explore the castle." He said about to exit the room. I want him to show me the castle! Wait Otabek! I ran up to him and grabbed his arm. I opened my mouth but again, nothing came out.

"What is it?" He asked, trying to understand my motive. I tried to point to the castle, but he didn't really understand. So I took his wrist and pulled him with me while I walked around the castle. I would stumble a couple times, but I think I'm finally getting the hang of this walking thing. He just stared at me while I explored, me still holding onto his wrist.

I opened a very big door to enter a room that was colder than the rest of the house, as I walked in, I saw a circle of ice. It was glistening in the sun light coming through the windows. It looks like one of the freshly broken off glaciers when we go glacier dancing.

"Oh this is the private indoor ice rink." Otabek explained. So it is like glacier dancing! I let go of Otabek and ran onto the ice, but instead of dancing, I slipped and fell.

"Woah! You need ice skates or else you'll fall." Otabek said carefully walking to my side and helping me up. I gave him a confused look. What are ice skates?

"Here." He said, walking me over to a bench. He sat me down and walked over to a near by shelf. He grabbed a shoe that had a small blade on the bottom. He slipped the pair of skates on and tightened the strap. He put his own on as well.

"Do those fit?" He asked me. I nodded, standing up and walking over to the ice.

"Be careful. I'm sure if you have trouble walking you'll have trouble-" Otabek stopped his comment.

--------
Third person

Yuri was twirling on the ice, moving at a graceful pace. His arms gracefully moving through his steps as he danced along the ice. Otabek was confused. When did this boy learn to use skates? He was having trouble walking just a couple hours ago! As he watched the teen skate. He too walked onto the ice to join him. He grabbed Yuri by the waist and Otabek started skating with Yuri. Otabek led the teen across the ice, occasionally picking him up and twirling around. The two were in sync, even though there was no music or choreography. It's as if the music was only being played to the two teens. Their bodies, their faces, their movements. All showed a sign of love and acceptance. As the two got tired, they slowly started to calm down, and eventually were just skating in circles with each other. Because Yuri can't talk, Otabek was just enjoying his presence. He didn't think about the merman anymore, he could only think about this teen. This beautiful boy right in front of him. Otabek didn't even realize what he was saying, he's getting married in two days! No matter if he's in love with this beautiful mute boy or not. He can't.

"Do you want me to call you something? I don't know your real name, but I don't want to call you "it" or anything rude like that." Otabek stated.

Yuri didn't know what to do. How was he supposed to tell this prince what his name was. He skated off the ice and grabbed an extra blade off the shelves. He skated back over to Otabek's side and started carving something into the ice. The letters spelled out "Yuri" the little shards of ice making the name glisten in the afternoon sun. Otabek loved it.

Yuri

He thought to himself.

What a precious name

Otabek hugged the young boy, bringing him into his chest. He loved this boy, but if he can't be with him, he will protect him till his grave.

"I will protect you Yuri. Don't let anyone tell you other wise." Otabek said to the small Russian, stroking his hair. Yuri's eyes started to water. He has never felt this kind of love before. He's felt it from Yurri and Victor but that's family love. Not this. This is love. The love that makes you want to sacrifice everything for the man or women right in front of you. The thing that makes everything else in the world disappear. The one thing you can go crazy for. And Yuri was feeling all of it. The calm smell of ocean off of Otabeks blouse, the feeling of his hand wrapped around his small waist. The hand running fingers through his hair. It was comforting. Almost to surreal. Like the world was going to stop if the two of them were to ever be together. Yuri let a tear stain the sleeve of Otabeks blouse. But he didn't care. Otabek was feeling the same. Yuri's small frame tucked into his big and muscular body. Almost feeling as if he was holding a small girl. Otabek never wanted to leave. But to bad the world didn't want them to be together.

"Otabek!" Yakov yelled. The two teens jumped, unlatching from each other and standing awkwardly.

"What is it Yakov?" Otabek asked, skating to the edge of the rink where Yakov was standing.

"Princess Mila has come early from Moscow. She's here now." Yakov stated. Otabek was in shock. He just fell in love and now it was over.

"Yuri. I have to go speak to my fiancé, you can explore more or go to your room. Lunch will be in an hour." Otabek said, leaving a speechless Yuri on the ice. Yuri stood, frozen in time.

Fiancé?

----------
Ugh sorry for taking so long! I had no creativity to write last week. But I'm glad some of you are enjoying it! I thought no one was going to read this. New chapter hopefully next week! :)