Chapter 21

JOHN POV

O shit what did i just do.

ALEX POV

He called me Alexandra. He called me Alexandra. To think i actually felt bad about kissing eliza. My phone started buzzing. I took it out of my pocket, 206 messages great.

Jerkulese; you cant run from your problems

Liz; alex i'm sorry

Baguette; alex are u ok mon ami

Peg leg; alex where are you

Red; alex we are worried

Angle; i heard your fight

Theo; that sounded bad

And 200 others all about the same thing i assume i didn't even bother to look. I don't want to talk to any of them right now. It's not like any of them could actually care about me its like herc said, they have known each other for years, I've known them for a few weeks. I might as well go talk to lee or James Madison or burr. They have known me for an equal amount of time right. It's not like i really need any of them anymore i was on my own before and ill just be on my own again. I stopped by a coffee shop. i walked around the streets of New York drinking coffee looking at the ground muttering to myself for about an hour. Until i bumped in to someone, ok more like i full on walked in to them, The second time today, good job alex. I ended up on the ground apologizing. I looked up to see a towering figure offering me a hand up. The sun was in my eyes and I couldn't tell who it was but they were tall. They would have had about 3 inches on herc plus a mass of fluffy hair.

" sorry bout that its been a rough day" i said again once i was standing

" its fine i completely understand" the man said

" thomas!" I said

" alex!" Thomas said

" so what happened to you?" Asked thomas

" I broke up with john" i said

" that sucks" thomas said but he seemed a little happy about it

" what happened with you?" I asked in return

" the bullet didn't do james any good he was already pretty sick before and he's only getting worse" thomas sighed

" that's awful " i said

" do you want to get coffee or something" thomas asked

I hate this man and he hates me. Why on earth would he ever want to do anything with me. Whatever what could possibly go wrong even if this was some stupid evil scheme I've decided to go back to how i was before, nothing can affect me and no one can hurt me. Trust me its a much better way of life then how I have been these past few weeks. I really need to stop running in to people because I always end up on the ground and that cant be good for my arm when do i get this stupid thing off again? next thing I knew thomas and i were walking down the street to a local little coffee shop he said he'd heard of. We walked in silence, but not an awkward silence or a angry silence like normal, ha yeah because there was ever silence between us. It was just a comfortable silence like when i was with John. But who cares about john i dont know why i was even thinking of him in the first place. We walked in to the shop and ordered coffee thomas insisted on paying no matter how much i protested. Stupid overly generous idiot jerk. Why did i even agree to this i should just leave, but that would be so rude. What's wrong with you alex when did you start caring about other people. Just get up and leave dont day anything. My brain was yelling at me to just get up and leave him there. But something held me down something was keeping me in my place. I dont think either of us had realized how late it had gotten or that the sun was already starting to set.

" we should head back to the dorms soon" i said

" share" thomas said" oh wait there is something i think u should see it's really cool"

" ok cool I've got no where better to be." I said

Ok so not only coffee were going to some random spot at sunset. We walked to a grassy cliff and thomas went and sat on the bench about a foot or so away from the edge. The sun was setting and the sky was a mix of beautiful oranges and pinks and purples and the dark blue of the night sky slowly coming over it to swallow it in to darkness. We sat there in the dark for a while after the sun was fully gone. It was nice i was leaning on him. Soon we got up and started to walk back to the campus. There was one thing i didn't account for. It's New York late October at night. It was freezing. After a few more minuets i felt something on my shoulders. Thomas's coat.

" i cant take your coat Thomas you will freeze " i said

" i'm used to the cold I've grown up i'm in plus i have a long sleeve shirt" thomas said

We argued for a while. I ended up with the coat. Soon we were at the dorms we split ways at the steps actually politely saying goodbye to each other not screaming. I walked to my door thinking about what just happened. It was strange and fun and weird it was amazing though something felt. Different today. I got out my key and opened the door. That's when I realized there was one person who I forgot. Ne who was out of the hospital now, John.

" where have you been" he asked plainly from the couch

" out " i snipped shortly

" doing what" john asked

" stuff, why do you care anyway" i said sharply

" i just want to know who's coat your wearing." John said as if it meant nothing to him

Shit, i didn't realize he had turned around ever.

" its my coat" I said

"Alex that coat is way to big to be yours and you don't seem like a brown leather coat kind of guy" john said rudely

" oh so i see you figured out my name" I snapped

" so who were you with? Another guy? I'm sure your little eliza will be so disappointed you little slut" john sneered

I looked at him shocked. This was not my john. He's not my john anymore what do i care, i don't care. I turned and ran out of the dorm in the the hall almost in tears. I saw laf and herc in the hallway.

" alex mon ami your back" laf said cheerily

"Alex?" Herc said sounding worried

I ran past them and up the stairs i don't care anymore they don't matter. No one matters i don't matter. I was on the verge of tears. I didnt know where i was going but apparently my feet did. I ran up the steps and knocked on the door.what had my life come down to.