Chapter thirtyeight

It was the day of the funeral, the day that really proved no mysterious force was going to bring alex back, not this time.

ALEX POV

I must have chosen the right doorway, everything is happy and back to normal. I woke up in the bed and I was ok. Katie was there, I met her friend Mia. I got to see john and all my friends together again. John was released and we all went back to our dorms. Well, we all stayed in my dorm and had a movie night. Everything was great. Classes were great, life was great, my friends were great, I am great. I can't say the last time that last bit was true. A few days had passed and nothing bad happened for a whole four days, new record. That record didn't last long because later that day someone ran in to my dorm while i was studying. The person grabbed y wrist and pulled me outside. I had never seen them before. 

" listen, this is going to sound insane, but none of this is real" the young man said stopping alex from interrupting" its "'heaven' a happy lie, im hear to show you the real world, then you can choose to return or not."

Before I had any time to ask or say much of anything he put his hand on my forehead and we flicked to a different place, the start of a funeral.

" none of them can see or hear you," the man hummed as if it would be logical " yes its you in the coffin, yes your really dead, no I can't change it you need to choose, live that happy lie, or watch the sad real world."

That happy little world up there was almost everything I had ever wanted, but I knew it wasn't for me. I had grown up with the real world and I couldn't leave it now, and I needed to look after John and all my other friends. I loved around the room, John, Herc, Laf, Eliza, Peggy, Angelica, Katie, Mia, Martha and George Washington, Thomas, Burr, Maria, James, Lee, Sam, Usnavi, Benny, Sonny, Nina, Pete, Vanessa, Dani, and a bunch of other people.

As if he could read his mind the man started to speak again " are you sure? If you make this choice it could be years until you go back." Alex nodded confidently.

As soon as alex nodded the man disappeared leaving alex alone in his little world. Well, he wasn't alone but no one but him knew he was even there. He want and sat in an empty seat ready to watch what would happen next.

A/N its almost over... but its not over yet. We still have a little bit to go. I'm sorry if this chapter is slobby, i was crying the whole time I wrote it. I cant justify anything here. Feel free to attack, i deserve it. And for one of the last times, i love yall

~jade