Chapter Thirtynine

Just some guy. That's what alex was to a lot of people, but not to his small group of friends. The whole group mourned for a long time, and Alex watched them all wishing he could intervene at times. He watched them their whole lives, never looking away for a minute. They finished their year mourning still. They all came back after the summer for the next year with their good memories from the year past, with and without Alex. They all had different roommates, making new friends, making new memories, forming new relationships. As the group grew they all changed, for good and bad. Soon they were on their senior year and they all graduated, happy and healthy. Burr at the top of their class. The group was still very close for years out of college, but as it always does time passed and they grew apart. They still saw each other at their weddings and reunions. John worked with a very busy job in law, alex still watched him every day. John worked far from his family and almost never visited them, he hated that part of his job. He cut off his long hair when he was 26, loosing a part of himself as well. Life went on for all of them, Alex had to sit there and watch it all goo down. Every few years the man would return and ask him if he wanted to go back, he said no every time. Alex watched when John was 46 and he got a phone call saying Hercules Mulligan has passed away. John had to work and couldn't make it to the funeral, he was just an old friend from college anyway. At this point they hadn't spoken in years. Alex saw as John picked up the phone when he was 49 to hear Angelica and Peggy had been caught in a bad car crash, both dead. He was working his way up in life and couldn't miss a day, besides he couldn't even remember the days when they had been close. He saw the day john gave money to the man sitting in the subway not noticing it was Lafayette who had recently lost his job, and everything else. He watched as everyone disappeared one at a time. He watched as Eliza was the last one, dying late in her nineties after dedicating her life to good. Alex watched as they all forgot him. Even on the days when they would think back to those times, they mainly blanked on his name. After all he was just slime guy in college who they new for what, four months? They all got older, had new experiences, met new people, formed new relationships. Because in the end, for every single one of them. Alex was just some guy.

A/N its almost over... and it is over now, i'm sorry guys. I cried a lot while I wrote this. I do have other books for you guys to read. I will miss you all so much i'll never forget you.i hoped you liked, lets start at the begaining. And well, for really the last time now. Do you wanna be friends?

~jade