Chapter 9 - Rayna

(If you could please read the note at the bottom I'll be so grateful!! Thank you)

***

'So what happened?' Alice presses, her eyes bright with excitement, 'did you two take one more look at one another and fall drastically in love again?'

She holds her hands up to her heart and pretends that her knees have given way. Finn actually grabs her arm to steady her, thinking she's being serious.

She blushes at this action and stands up straight again, flicking her eyes to the floor for a moment. He glances away momentarily, red dusting his cheeks and nose.

I chuckle at their obliviousness. I don't know how I can give them that nudge towards one another but I'll try to think of a way.

'No it wasn't like that,' I say, easing the awkward tension between them.

'What was it like then?' Finn asks and I shrug.

'I don't know. He just apologised and that was the end of it,'

'But that's boring,' Alice sighs.

'Tough,' I laugh, 'Now can we hurry up? I promised Evander I'd take him to the park,'

'Whatever,'

We all pile into the car and Finn drops me off home.

'Thanks guys, see you soon,'

I pick up the bags from the passenger seat and they wave me off. I unlock my door and walk into the house, placing the bags on the side for my mum.

'Hiya,' I hear her call from the front room and I follow her voice, finding both her and Evander on the sofa watching the television.

'Hello,'

'You went shopping?' She asks and I nod.

'I did,'

'Great! Thank you,' she says, 'are you taking Evander out now?'

'If he still wants to go?'

The boy leaps up and immediately begins shoving his shoes on. His hair is dishevelled but his eyes are bright and energetic. He resembles a dog awaiting their daily walk.

'Let's go!' He shouts out but I raise an eyebrow.

'You can put on your coat and tie your shoes properly before we even consider going anywhere,'

I swear he rolls his eyes but he still does at he's told.

He's quickly ready and gives my mum a hug before running up to the door and jumping up and down, staring pleadingly at me whilst he waits.

'See you mum,' I wave and she smiles.

'Bye,'

I unlock the front door and Evander sprints out, spinning round the garden until he finally climbs over the wall, ignoring the fact that we have a gate.

He waits for me on the other side until I join him. He takes my hand and practically drags me along, obviously eager to get there.

'Why are you in such a rush?' I ask.

'Because Blake might be there, he usually is today and I don't want to miss him,'

'I didn't even know the two of you were still friends,'

He sends me a look and shakes his head.

'I expected you and Hayden to still be friends but that didn't work out,'