•1•

~chapter 1~

*isabelle's POV*

"I'm late, I'm late, I'm so so late!" I panicked as I rush around my messy apartment looking for my car keys.

"Shit! Where are my keys??" I desperately looked for them but i cant seem to find them. I turn to look at the clock and it shows 8:50 a.m, which means i only have 40 minutes until i have to go to work. It seems like a lot of time but it really isn't considering i have to make a few stops along the way.

"UGH" i groan in frustration as i give up looking for my keys.

"Whatever, I'll just call an uber." I mumble to myself and took out my phone to call an uber.

The uber reached my house at around 9:05 a.m and as soon as i the car stopped, i dashed into it and told the driver to send me to sweet caffeine cafe that was 10 minutes away from where i lived.

I, Isabelle Karine Jones has never left to work without a cup of coffee in the morning. Never. Not even once. No matter how late i might be or how broke i am, i would always, and i mean, always look for a way to get to the sweet caffeine cafe.

I can't function without coffee. I've never been able to focus on anything without it. It was like a drug. My drug.

I hopped out of the car once it reached the cafe. I paid the driver and made my way into the cafe.

As soon as i enter the cafe, the smell of freshly brewed coffee was filling my nostrils and i loved it. It was the best smell ever. I can immediately feel my body relax just by smelling it.

Normally, I would take a seat at 'my spot' which is a one-person seat at the corner of the cafe, near a window. Since i come here every day, the workers already knew me well so they made a special place for me to sit all by myself.

But since I'm late for work today, I couldn't hang around and wait for a waitress to come and take my orders so i walked straight up to the counter to place my order.

"Hey Isabelle!" Julie called as i was standing in front of her. Julie has become one of my closest friends. We met back in middle school but we were never close.

We first started talking when we were in high school. We became instant friends since we share a common love for something. Coffee. So When she first got the job, i was the first person she told. She told me that i could always go there to place my order anytime i want and that folks, is why i love Julie.

"Hey julie, i guess you already know what i want." She chuckles as she gave me a look.

"Please Belle, it's impossible to say i wont know. You order it almost everyday."

I smile at the fact that it was true. I almost always order the same thing. Almost. Occasionally i pick a different coffee to drink.

"So iced caramel latte?" She quirked an eyebrow at me.

I nod and let out a small smile.

"That would be $3 Miss." i giggle at her formality as i started to dig my bag for my wallet.

My wallet was all the way in my bag and it was kind of hard to reach for it.

"Ugh" i groan as i was starting to get annoyed at the fact that my wallet is too deep in my bag. How did it even get down there? I swore it was above just a minute ago.

Suddenly i heard the cash register ding, notifying that I had already paid, which i havent.

I looked up to see Julie hand money back to a guy. Did he just cut my line? Oh hell no.

I stare at him in disbelief. Wow did he really?
He seems to notice the look i was giving him and he turns his face to me and smiles.

Why you smiling boy? You just cut my line.

"I paid for your coffee already." He smiles.

"Together with mine" he added.

Wait what? He paid for my coffee? But why?

"Why?" I ask curious towards his actions

"Because you looked like you were having a little trouble getting money out of your bag." He states as his gaze moved towards my bag and i follow his gaze.

"Oh yeah my wallet was kinda hard to reach for." I awkwardly state. I glanced over at julie and she was smirking at me. Ugh.

"One iced caramel latte and an iced caramel macchiato" i hear one of the baristas calling out.

"Ah thats our order." He says as he walks towards our coffee.

He picks up both of them and hands me one.

"Here's your iced caramel latte, ms?"
"Isabelle. Isabelle Jones." I answer as i took my coffee from his hand, our fingers slightly brushed against each other. The boy looks away after that small skinship and i can tell he was embarrassed as his face was flushed.

I giggles quietly at the sight of him. Why is he blushing? It was just a simple touch. I thought to myself.

"Well Isabelle Jones, I'm Connor, Connor Niles. And its a pleasure to meet you." He politely introduced himself as he puts out a hand of his to shake mine. I accept and took his hand in mine. I smiled at him as we both let our hands out of each others grasp.

"Hope to see you soon, Ms Jones." He winks as he walks out of the Cafe.

I chuckled as i turn my vision towards the girl, wearing an apron, behind the counter, smirking at me.

"So," she starts and i can already tell what she wants to talk about.

"He seems like a nice guy." She grins at me. Ugh here we go again. Another round of 'dinner at my place while we talk about why you wont go out with him'.

"Dinner at my place." She says sternly. "Be there." And after that she totally ignored me.

Rude.

I sigh. Well i got free coffee today, which basically makes my day 10 times better already.

Just as i was about to take a sip, I realized i was late for work.

"Shit, gotta go!" I tell julie as i ran out as fast as i could, without spilling my free coffee.

_____________________________

Hello :3 so here's a new story. I think i did a pretty good job :D oke that's all. Hehehe byez 👋🏻