•16•

~chapter 16~

*isabelle's POV*

"Wanna get a donut?" I ask, fiddling with my fingers.

He looks at me weirdly and stares me down. "A donut?" I nod, still keeping my gaze on the floor.

"Isabelle, are you sure? Because if I remember clearly, the last donut trip we had didn't really go well." He rubs the back of his neck. It's true. The last donut trip we had was terrible to say the least.

I let out a huff as i grab my bag from my table. "I'm going to get a donut. Follow me if you want but if you decide to stay go ahead. Just make sure you dont play with my stuff and break anything." I made my way to the door to open it only to have it shut back in my face.

"What the-"

"Uh uh uh no cursing. Watch your language young lady." Connor stands next to me as his hand shuts the door.

"Connor what do you want?" I ask a little irritated.

"Nothing. I just wanna go too. Let's go." He grabs my hand and leads me out to the car.

--

"No freaking way." The look on my face was a mixture of irritation, anger, sadness at the sight before me.

"WHY IS THERE NO COFFEE?!" I yell, causing a few people to turn their heads in me and Connor's direction.

I put my hands on my face indicating i was about to cry.

"Woah woah woah izzy what's wrong? It's just coffee. We can get it later at sweet caffeine."

There's no coffee at this donut shop.

It's official.

Donut trips are the worst trips ever.

"I hate donut trips" i mumble quietly while looking down.

"Oh come on. You wanted donuts so pick one." Connor came closer to me and pats my back.

"I wasn't planning on mentioning it but i know you're going through.... ya know.... blood phases" he whispers the last sentence in a soft manner that I would've missed if i wasnt so close to him.

"What? Blood phases?"

"Those things girls get once a month."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"I'm not on my period."

His head snapped at me. "What do you mean you're not on your period? Of course you're on your period." I let out a small laugh.

"What makes you think that?" I cocked my eyebrows at a him and he looked flustered for a second at my question.

"I dont know. Probably the way you were acting just now." He rubs his neck- something that only happens when he's nervous- while looking at the ground.

"Ok lets go to get coffee. I'm in no mood for donuts now since everything is ruined." I smiled and he looks at me in disbelief.

"Wow izzy you sure are something." He smiles and takes my hand. "Sure, let's go."

--

"Please be careful." I roll my eyes for the nth time this evening. "Dude, Connor, stop it." He lets out a huff in disapproval. "You can't ride a motorcycle Isabelle. You have no license for it." He looks at me worriedly but i just let out a soft laugh.

"Stop worrying about me, you nuthead. It's just a motorcycle. How bad can it be?"

"God dammit Isabelle, I freaking told you not to ride the motorcycle

"God dammit Isabelle, I freaking told you not to ride the motorcycle." Connor scolds me as i wince in pain at the bloody wound on my knee and arm. "Stop complaining and help me up." He lightly shifts me up and I instantly fight the tears that were pricking at the corners of my eyes. I let out a laugh at how stupid i was.

Wow Isabelle. All this just because you remembered a terrible memory. Get a hold of yourself, you idiot.

"Hey? Earth or izzy? Hellooo?" I snap out of my thoughts.

"Look i dont know why you've been doing these crazy extreme stuff but i need to stop you. You've gotten hurt one too many times today. You're not going home with one more scratch on your body. Not on my watch." I stare at him in amusement. This is the first time I've seen connor act like this. He's usually soft and sweet. Not demanding and protective. I must say, i kinda enjoy seeing this part of him.

I let out a huff. Maybe I just need something to forget about her.

"Hey Connor?" He hums in respond. "Let's go to a club." His eyes widens at my request. "A club?" I nod my head and he lets out a chuckle.

"Izzy, I'm not sure if you know this or not but you're underage remember? You're only 19." I groan and roll my eyes. "Not even 19 yet." He corrects himself and I automatically let out a loud groan.

"Well guess what connor? You are." I smirk at him.

"Just because I'm already 21 and I'm legal to go in clubs, that doesn't mean i would bring you along. You gotta wait for 2 more years."

"Sometimes i hate the fact that you're older than me."

"Well you might like it in the future ;)"

_______________________________

Hi :3 ye ye i know I haven't updated in a looong time and trust me i feel bad. But this Saturday i have some cool stuff going on and last few weeks, i have been preparing for them. ALSO HMU IF YOU UNDERSTAND THE LAST SENTENCE KEKEKE tbh I didn't want to write that but my friend convinced me that i should since she said my story is boring ;-; so imma say sorry for the boring chapters. ;-; sorry :/ anyways that all byez