•9•

~chapter 9~

*isabelle's pov*

"Fine, donuts it is."

I leaped in joy from my seat, catching most of the customers attention. I bowed slightly and apologize before landing back down into my seat only to be greeted with a laughing Connor.

"Oh stop it will you?"

"Sorry but that was hilarious honestly." He says as he chuckles.

"So lets go get you your donuts."

"Okay." I act as if I don't care but i was legit excited.

~~

"Why are you so excited? It's just donuts jeez calm down." Connor chuckles.

I open the bakery door and take in the smell of baked goods and vanilla.

"I haven't had one in almost 3 years." I say while looking around for the donuts.

Suddenly Connor stops walking, making me bump into him.

"Ow hey why'd you stop?" I question while rubbing my forehead.

He turns around and faces me with a shocked expression. "You haven't eaten a donut in 3 years?" He asks in disbelief. I nod and he let's out a soft gasp.

"Oh no no no, we gotta fix that ish, come on!" He starts taking my hand and drag me to the donut section.

"Ok so pick one." He says

"I don't know which will taste nice though." I rub my neck.

"Just pick one that looks interesting and that will probably taste good."

I hum in response and search for an interesting donut.

"I'm gonna go get a seat ok?" Connor informs me and i give him a small nod.

"Hi, may i help you?" A small waitress appears next to me.

I nod. "Which one of these donuts are the best?" She inspected the donuts before looking at me.

"Pick those." She pointed to one that has crystal-like, sheer pink, glaze. It looked majestic. I never knew such donut existed.

"Wow. That must be expensive huh?" I ask while looking over.

"No, not really. Only a few cents mire expensive." I nod in response.

"Then I'll get it!"

I walk to the table where Connor is sitting and take a seat in front of him.

"He- Woah." I cut off himself as he looks at my donut. "That looks amazing." I agree it really does. "Well looks isn't everything right? So lets see how it taste like."

I take a bite of the donut.

"Well?"

"What even is this?" I say while gulping down the donut. "Ugh get me something to drink"

He nods and makes his way to the counter.

"Hey got you your favorite." I look up to him seeing that he has two cups of coffee in his hand.

"Aww i love this." I say and grab the coffee from Connor.

We talked a lot and we were having so much fun. I tasted more donuts since the first didn't do me any justice.

"No way!" I said sarcastically as we both laughed.

"Isabelle?" We stop laughing. More like i stopped.

"Isabelle Jones? Is that you?" That voice. The voice I've been avoiding for years.

"Don't you miss me?" The persons voice cracked and i can tell the person was close to tears.

"Izzy who's that?"

"Some one i dont want to see." I say.

"Please turn around."

I turned around to be greeted by the person I didn't want to see the most.

_____________________________

I have exams this week and next week so I'm not 100% sure i can update on the following days but I'll try to squeeze in some time bc i love y'all! Thank youuu that's all byez