•2•

~chapter 2~

*isabelle's POV*

[at the office]

I laid my head on my desk as i could feel my eyelids getting heavier and heavier. I glanced at the clock hanging on the wall. 9:54 p.m.

I still have a lot of work to do and I'm not even halfway finish. How am i suppose to complete this tonight? God i hate my boss.

I looked back at the clock. 9:55 p.m.

Coffee wont hurt right? I mean, I'm really tired and I'm pretty sure my boss wouldn't want me to be sleeping while i should be doing my work. With that thought, i grabbed my blazer and made my way out of my office room.

I looked around the office and realized i was alone. It isn't the first time I'm alone in the office. I'm usually always alone here that i dont mind anymore.

I walked out of my office building and head towards sweet caffeine cafe. It took a 5 minute walk for me to get there since it isn't far from the building.

As soon as I entered, i was yet again, welcomed with the amazing aroma of freshly brewed coffee. I don't think i will ever get tired of the smell.

I see julie at the counter and it seems as if she was packing her bag.

"Yo Jules!" I called out for her.

"Oh hey Isabelle. Wanna head for dinner now?" I totally forgot about that. What an amazing friend i am.

"Sorry Jules i cant. I really want to, but I can't. I have work to do and I'm pretty sure I'm not going home tonight. I have tons to do." I say as i let out an exhausted sigh.

"Are you lying." She asks and i looked at her in disbelief. "Why would i lie?"

"Because you know what 'dinner at my place' means and i know you're trying to avoid it." She states crossly.

"Look, I'm sorry. But i really do have a lot of work." I gave her a guilty look and she seems to be less mad.

"Fine. Then we're having it tomorrow." She orders. "Sure!" I say excited that she isn't mad anymore.

Suddenly the door chimes, letting us know another customer had came in.

We both turn my heads towards the door and the person standing there was no one other than the person who made my day with free coffee.

"Oh" he says as he noticed both of us alone.
"I'm not disturbing anything am i?" He asks as he was about to reach for the door handle to leave

"No, no, what can i help you with?" Julie says as she takes out her notepad and escorts him to a seat.

"Oh hey, you're the girl from this morning! Belle right?"

"Isabelle." I corrected him.

"Hmm nice to see you here again." He smiles as Julie looks at me and grins from ear to ear.

"I'll be getting one iced caramel macchiato please." He ordered. Julie writes down his orders on her timy notepad.

"Whipped cream?"
"Yeah sure." He answered.