•3•

~chapter 3~

*isabelle's POV*

It has been 2 weeks since I've met Connor. In these 2 weeks of "friendship", we've been hanging out a lot. We also always had coffee, every single day, together.

'My spot', that used to be a one person seat near the window, has now been turned into a two-person seat. Me and Connor would always sit there together. That was not 'my spot' anymore. It was more like

'Our spot'

I don't know why but everytime I'm around Connor, everything else seems to be irrelevant. Non existent. I somehow feel happier around him. I guess he just brings around a happy aura.

I decided to walk to sweet caffeine today since the weather was really nice. Suddenly i heard my phone buzz.

I grabbed my phone from my pocket and checked it.

"One new message from Connor"

Without realizing, i was smiling seeing his name already.

I clicked on the notification to check his message.

Connor ;
Hey Isabelle. I might be a little late today for coffee. Hope you wont mind waiting. I gotta send my cousin off to the airport so i might take a while :)
-Sent 11:20 a.m
Seen

Bummer. I was really hoping to see him earlier since I'll be having Lunch with Flynn later. Well i guess I'll be having coffee alone today :/

Me ;
I'd love to wait for you but I'm having lunch later with my best friend. Hope you understand xx
-sent 11:25 a.m
Delivered

I put my phone back into my pocket and continued to make my way into sweet caffeine.

[in the cafe]

"Hey julie" i wave as soon as i enter the cafe.

"Hey belle!" She exclaimed looking excited.

"You look rather happy today. Something happened?" As soon as i asked that, her face lits up and she smiled from ear to ear.

"Iz, you wont believe it! Eli asked me out!" I rolled my eyes at what she called me.

"Jules, no one has ever called me 'iz' ever since middle school. Don't call me that." I pout and she cocks an eyebrow.

"You don't complain when flynn calls you that." She smirks

"Flynn is a different story, we knew each other ever since we were in diapers. He has every right to call me whatever he wants, and i let him." I explain to her

"I'm curious to how you haven't fallen in love with him yet. It's clearly obvious that he likes you. I guess you're just too dense to know that." I, slightly offended, gasps in shock.

"How dare y-" I don't get to finish my sentence when I suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Yo lady, you gonna order or what? I'm running late and you're just having a conversation with the cashier." I turn around to be greeted by an annoyed looking man, probably in his 30's i might say.

"Oh gosh, I'm so sorry." I apologize, slightly embarrassed. I mentally kicked myself for forgetting Julie is still working, and I'm making the order line longer.

"It's fine, but please hurry and order your drink" he says calmly and i smile towards his kindness.

I looked back to Julie and she's already handing me a glass of iced caramel latte.

I smile at her. She knows me too well.

"You dont even have to order." She whispers and sends me a wink. I giggle and went to sit at me and Connor's seat, near the window.

As soon as i land on the seat, i take out a book that Flynn gave me during the holidays but since i was busy with work And hanging out with Connor, I didn't have the time.

The book was about fashion.
Flynn had always knew that i had a passion for fashion. (See what i did there)

I enjoy watching fashion shows and creating designs of my own. When i was a kid, my dream was to be the best fashion designer ever known in the whole world. But now that I'm all grown up and already in my 20's, working at a newspaper company -that isn't very good with income and popularity- my hopes of becoming the best fashion designer ever known in the whole world, has decreased.

I sigh as i flip through the pages containing beautiful works of amazing fashion designers. One day i want my work to be in a book. I want to host my own fashion show with my own designs. But somehow, I don't see a way.

A few moments later, my phone starts to ring and it brings me back to the real world.

I looked at the Caller ID and it was Flynn

Shit, LUNCH!

I quickly packed my stuff into my bag and made my way out the cafe. I wave to Julie, but she seems to not notice since she was busy with customers.

While making my way out the cafe, I answered the call.

"Hey Flynn!" I exclaimed happily and excitedly.

"Hey Iz. We still up for Lunch?" I smiled instantly as i heard his voice. It's been so long.

"Of course! I wouldn't miss it! See you in 10" i can tell he's smiling as he doesn't answer straight away.

"Yeah, see you soon Iz. Byez" i hang up the phone and made my way towards the restaurant we promised to meet up for lunch.

I enter the cafe and the first thing I notice is that the place was empty. No customers at all. Not even one. Only workers but it looks like they dont have much to do.

They all look towards me and i feel burdened all of a sudden.

I turned my heels to walk out the restaurant since the silence and stares were getting too awkward.

Just as i turned around, my face was greeted with a hard chest. A Man's chest. I looked up to see the one and only,

Flynn Hayden

_____________________________

That's all i have for today! Surprisingly, there are already people reading this and it was only updated yesterday which makes me kinda happy :D oke that's all! Byez