Getting in a good place

Ever since yesterday Mom and Dad haven't took their eyes off of me because I don't want to go to this group therapy session, but since they both had to work today they finally gave me freedom and just dropped me off and left. I look at the huge glass doors and take a deep breath. I have been standing in front of the doors for over five minutes. There had probably been dozens of people that had just passed me without a second thought or even bothering to ask me anything. It makes sense right a mentally challenged girl standing in front of the doors to the mental institute for minutes just staring at nothing. They all probably think I have schizophrenia. Why did this have to happen to me? I always laughed when this crazy and horrible thing happened to the main character in tv shows and books but now that it was happening to me it didn't seem so funny. I wanted to just scream, I wanted to look at the counselor in the face when she told me what my teacher told her. How she right away believed that she was right. How my own mom didn't even fight for me she just had to believed what they said because they were the experts right? I wanted to fight for my title but I knew it would just make everything worse than it already is so I just have to suck it up and deal with it. I just can't go inside because as soon as I go in I let them win. I let everyone be right about me. I know that I am not depressed I'm sure of it. No way I was going to do it. Maybe they are but I'm just not ready for this. Not yet. Maybe I should just do the stupid idea.

"Hey excuse me?"

I turn around to face a tall, skinny blonde boy.

"There are probably mirrors inside." I let out a small chuckle. I was shocked I haven't really laughed or smiled in a while plus I wasn't in the greatest mood right now.

"Hey are you new here?"

"Is it that obvious?"

"Yeah kinda. It's not everyday we have people staring at nothing for hours."

I left out a sigh.

"What's the real problem?"

"I'm scared of going in there because I feel like by going in there I accept that I'm sick. I just don't think I should go especially if I don't want to go right?"

"Here how about this we go in there together ok? You can take my hand and I will be with you through it all deal?"

"Yeah, ok. Deal."

"Even if you had said no and like pretended to go but went somewhere else there was no way you were going to get out of not doing group therapy. They know everything. I've been here for 6 months and I still haven't found a way to get out of it. But that doesn't mean I'm not still looking."

A huge smile grows on my face.

"My name is Cameron by the way."

"..... Zoey my name is Zoey." Maybe group therapy was not going to be so bad after all.

******

Me and Cameron have sat down in the circle and there is only a few people here. On the way here I told Cameron about Hazel eyes because if I didn't I knew it was just a matter of time until I would explode.

"Ok this guy sounds really sweet and nice what happened? Why didn't you talk to him? You should've ran to him the minute your gut told you he was definitely a good person!"

"Well it's too late for that now. There's like only a 1% chance that I will actually see and talk to him again."

"Not necessarily. He is in you English class."

"What I meant to say was that there is a 1% I will talk to him again."

He crossed his legs a little too close together and I pretended not to notice. "Well too bad because now your friends with me because I might spend a little visit to your english class, take a look for some cute boys, and maybe slightly nudge or push or drag Hazel eyes right into you."

He tried to make that cute boys phrase very subtle and sneaked it in. I almost didn't hear but I continued to act oblivious."Shut up Cameron!! You don't even know how he looks like so ha!"

"I'll know when you look at him. You literally almost fainted in the spot when you all you did was just talk about him."

"Whatever."

"Oh and one more thing. Please tell me his name isn't really Hazel eyes?"

"It's not. I gave him a code name because I don't know his real name."

"Okay but why his eye color?"

"Because when I look into his eyes that when I knew he was kind. I saw the him."

"Because we can try to hide our emotions but we forget our eyes tell the truth."

"Yeah where did you get that quote from?"

"Pinterest."

"Oh!." The chairs start filling up now and I actually feel excited for group (Cam says that everyone calls group therapy group and calls him Cam). A short redhead seats next to me Cam said her name is Savannah I think and next to her is a cute boy with dark black hair named Aaron sat next to her. "Are you even friends with him?"

"With who?"

"Aaron."

"Yeah. Why?"

I shrugged my shoulders "Just asking." In my heart I knew there was something more to this Aaron character. Cam was just trying to act cool about it but he couldn't fool me. Maybe they got into an argument?

Cam whispers "Yes I know Aaron is very cute isn't he?"

"I I I wasn't staring anyway I just was looking around."

Cam raises his right eyebrow and gives me a smirk. "Yeah yeah. Well him and Savannah are together. They're practically inseparable. Their actually the golden couple here. They have been dating 5 months and still staying strong."

"Wow that's-" I turned to the door and I couldn't believe who walked through that door, hazel eyes.

Hope you liked this chapter :) My chapters aren't very long but I really hope you liked my story so far tell me what you think or what I need to improve. -Phoenix