Back to normal (Kinda)

I ran up to my room with my mint flavored ice cream in my hand. My parents always knew how to make me feel better. I grabbed my backpack and spilled all the contents inside of it on to the floor. I decided to start with math since that one always took the longest. An hour had passed and I just finished my ice cream and my math homework and I started thinking about christina gain. I knew I couldn't just pretend what had happened to her didn't happen and it was my job to find out how to help her. I didn't really know where to start. I decided to change into my pajamas and make a checklist to help me see which part of Christina's story was blank. As I tore off my jeans a piece of paper fell out as I was about to throw it away. I opened it to see what is was. Benson's number. I had almost forgotten! It was perfect. He could help me with the investigation! But I remembered he didn't really like talking about Christina. Maybe I could find a way to convince him but for now I would just call him so he knew I was ok. I grabbed my phone from the counter and dialed his number in.

There was a static sound and a heavy breath. "Hello?"

He seemed tired and I looked at my clock. 12:10. Woops. I didn't think he will mind. I did just kinda witness a murder so.. "Yeah hi this is Zoey from the hospital I don't know if you remember but you gave me your number and I just kinda called you so you would know that I was ok."

"Oh! Wel-"

"You seem really surprised maybe I shouldn't have called you after all I'm sorry I just thought-"

"Wait no don't hang up. I just didn't think that you would actually call me let alone see the note."

I giggled. I had no idea why my heart was racing maybe because I was just about to ask my friend to help me in a murder investigation. "Oh ok."

"So what's up?"

"Well can I ask you something?"

"Yeah sure anything."

"Can you help me figure out what happened to Christina?"

He sighed. "Look Zoey isn't that what the police are for? I am sure they are doing everything they can to find out what happened to her. I know you probably feel like this is all your fault but trust me it isn't. I know you can't forget what happened to her but at least for now. Just let the police do the investigating all you have to do is relax."

"Ok yeah you're right. Forget I even asked."

"Zoey.."

"No it fine. It was dumb of me to ask you anyway."

"How about this you think you can come over to my house tomorrow? The address is 1245 reseda blvd 91326."

"Why?"

"Because I think right now all that you need is a friend."

I hesitated.

"I'm not taking no for an answer."

"Ok what time?"

******

For the first time I was actually ready for school on time. I went downstairs to eat my breakfast. I had picked a really nice outfit for my day back at school. I put light makeup on my face then wore a blue strapless blouse paired it with ripped white jeans and brown sandals. I brushed out my hair and curled it halfway. Then I topped it off my wearing a few rings and brackets. I hope it wasn't too much. Too late for me to change it anyway. My parents were already downstairs.

"Oh honey? What are you doing up?"

"What are you talking about? I'm going to school right?"

"We just thought because of what happened last week you wouldn't want to go back to school so soon. All of your teachers know what happened and are willing to let you have a week off."