Hazel Eyes

I couldn't stop staring. How can he be here? It's like the universe is practically wanting to mess with me. I close my eyes then open them again. Nope he's still there and now that I'm looking at him completely I never noticed how muscular and cute he is. Zoey, you managed to not like anyone for three years and one guy talks to you and that it? Cameron nudges me on the shoulder. Oh no I was staring too long.

"No way!! That's hazel eyes isn't it!! Oh shit he's hot! You forgot to mention that he's practically a god!" No wonder you've got your eyes on him!"

"Shhh!! I don't want him to hear you! Why is he here I thought you told me about everyone that went here!"

"Relax he's probably a volunteer here."

"It all makes sense he didn't want to be my friend he did pity me. How could I have been so stupid!"

"Zoey relax! If I haven't heard of him it's probably his first day."

"It doesn't matter I thought that maybe for once someone from my school actually wanted to be friends with me but once again I failed and i'm left to pick up the pieces."

Hazel eyes spots me and starts walking towards us. I don't have time for this.

"Hey Zoe-"

I get up and leave before he can even finish. I walk through the door and and stand behind it. I take a deep breath. All he did was look at me and I still got butterflies. This was going to be a problem. A huge problem. I look through the crack in the door and see Cam and Hazel eyes talking and laughing. I'm so jealous of Cam right now. But me and and him were probably not going to work out anyway.

I turn around again and lie down descending into the floor. I always do this I actually might of had another good friend but I just couldn't. I stand up and get ready to leave when the door flies open. Hitting me on my forehead.

"Oh I'm so sorry please don't tell me I hit you! I swear I didn't mean to!! If you hated me now you're going to want to kill me and dump my body somewhere for sure."

I start laughing until my ribs hurt. "I don't hate you I just don't do very well with talking to other human beings." He waits for me to say more but I don't. I'm surprised I even said that one sentence usually I say nothing at all and wait for them to walk away. They always walk away. I continued to stare at my shoes acting like I'm so interested in them hoping he would just walk away but he doesn't. Hazel joins me on the floor and his face beams with joy. I don't think I was going to like what was coming next but this time I decided I was not going to walk away. I wanted to hear what this colored eyed boy was about had to say. Let's just pray it isn't something stupid.

"Is that really the case because you friend Cam told me how you have this huge crush on me and you think I'm sexy and you want to run you hands all over me."

He didn't Hazel eyes grins. "Don't worry if you had a crush on me you should've just told me. Someone once told me it's better to tell someone to their face instead of behind their back because it saves a lot of time and tears."

Cam is a dead man after this. I say nothing because I am not giving him the benefit of the doubt but I do smile. "You know you still did hit me in the face with the door."

"Sorry I was just so excited meet a fan."

All I did was smile even harder. His olive colored skin and dark brown hair went perfectly with those hazel eyes. Not to mention his teeth sparkled. I quickly try to regain focus and go back to the conversation. There is no way I can like him. It would just be a waste of our time but maybe I should give him a chance?

"So you go to Huntington High right?"

"Nooo so you didn't say hi to me earlier. Mmm do you have a twin I don't know about?"

He scratches his head. "Right I was trying to make small talk."

I quietly snicker.

"My name is-"

"I like the one I have for you already."

"Oh you have a secret name for me. This crush you have on me is way worse than I thought. so what is is?"

"I guess you going to have to wait till I call you over."

He laughs. "Deal."

"I have a question. Why are you being so nice to me?"

"Let's just say that you look familiar and I couldn't stop thinking about you so much that it actually driving me crazy."

I wiggle my eyebrows. "I guess I'm not the only one with a huge crush here."

He heads towards the door trying to get out of this conversation. "We should really get back."

"Just letting you know this little conversation is not over!"

"Fine how about this. I take you out on a picnic so you get to finish this conversation?"

"Out on a picnic like a date?"

"Yeah."

"Ok when?"

"Friday morning."

"Ok but why Friday morning?"

"Well because I like fridays, You have group therapy session with Mrs.Michaels on Friday afternoon and you parents said no when I asked to do it later.

"Oh oka- wait a minute you ASKED my parents first!!"

"Well yeah I wanted their approval and.."

"What made you so sure I was going to say yes?"

"I saw the way you looked at me when I came in."

I crossed my arms and continued the questions. "Ok, but how did you know about my session with Mrs. Michaels?"

"Oh I'm a volunteer here and I might have kinda look in your files. I was only to see if you had any session planned on friday and that sucks."

"I know. Well then yes."

"Ok see you Friday."

"Not if I don't kill you first."

We start heading to the door then he turns around and stares at me. Hazel walks up and fixes a stray hair and puts in behind my ear like it was normal and he did this everyday.

"I don't know if it's just me but I think you just got even more beautiful." He doesn't even wait for me to answer. I watch as he calmly walks toward the door while I'm left to recollect what he just said. He didn't seem to like me before. Maybe it was because I was so focused on trying not to look at him until now. Out of everything he's said that's the one that hits me. My face is probably bright red. I really hope he didn't notice.