Darn you Friday

I could hear Benson choke on something through the phone. "What?! No way! Who is it?"

"It's my friend Savannah's ex-boyfriend Cedric."

"Why would it be Savannah's ex boyfriend? Isn't Chayton Colby supposed to be some guy in his mid thirties?"

I explain to him everything that had happened at Starbucks and at my front door. "Yeah you have a good point but I have a feeling it's him. He just looks young I mean his name is Cedric Cole."

"Which would make his initials C.C like Chayton Colby."

"Exactly."

"But he can't be Chayton Zoey. I think he might be a part of this somehow like maybe an accomplice?"

"Yeah I guess you have a good point. I'm going to have to look at this Cedric guy further. Maybe I should ask Savannah some questions on him and figure out everything she knows."

"Be careful Zoey he seems really dangerous especially since he threatened you."

"I will Benson. Tell me anything you can find on Cedric Cole and I will tell you what I can get out of Savannah."

"Ok bye."

"Bye"

******

Friday how I dreaded friday. I would have to walk in and talk to Mrs. Michaels pretending that I am confining all my feelings to her. She smiles thinking she's helping but really she's not. But I have more things to worry about right now and this is not one of them.

"Hi Zoey have a seat. Last week I think we had made real progress and I would really like to get to the real reason on to why you decided that hurting yourself was ever the answer."

I played with one of the loose threads on my shirt. There was no way I was going to talk about that when I didn't even know why I did it myself.

She sighed and put her binder filled with her notes down. "Zoey you were doing so well the past few weeks. This is not the time for a setback. So please if there is anything going on you can tell me or any other adult you trust.

Who said I trusted you? It went on like that for the past hour. Mrs Michaels trying to convince me to do something and me quiet staring off into space. Well not really I was thinking about what Christina had told me back at the hospital and how I could link Cedric to this mess but none of it added up.Mrs. Michaels ended up making me leave early for our session.

"I hope we can make more progress next week Zoey."

I hurried to my mom's car without saying goodbye or looking back. I walked into school and was quickly knocked over by Amber Rose. She laughed and flipped her hair as she walked away. "Pathetic good for nothing loser."

I quickly tried to grab all my things when Hazel eyes came and helped me with my stuff. "Are you ok?"

"Yeah I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?"

He raised his left eyebrow as he handed me my notebook.

"I'm serious."

He raised his hands in the air and helped me up.

"Ok I'm just checking."

"Come here!" I jumped onto his back and he carried me all the way to class. I finally had gotten my mind off of Cedric, Chayton, and Christina.

******

The bell for lunch rang and Hazel met me at my locker as usually then we walked to our table. I sat down poking my caesar salad thinking about how Christina could die in such a terrible way. I should have figured out who Chayton Colby was by now but it's like I'm walking in a never ending circle. 

Someone sighed. "You're doing it again."

It was Hazel. He snapped me back into reality but with a really adorable frown.

"Doing what?"

"Disappearing."

"What?"

He put his fingers through his gorgeous soft dark black hair. It was dark like crow feathers. "Zoey you're doing that thing where you're lost in your own world as everything else around keeps moving. Keeping quiet. For starters I have been talking to you for the past twenty minutes and I'm pretty sure you didn't hear anything I said."

"Yeah I did!"

"Oh really? Then what was I talking about just now?"

"Do you wake up with your hair like that or do you fix. It always look like a mop of feathers are just resting on your head."

"Zoey stop changing the subject."

"Ok I'm sorry it's just I haven't really been feeling well lately because when I had gone to Starbucks with Savannah we met her ex boyfriend there and I was trying to up Savannah confidence to talk to him."

"Well did it work out?"

"Kinda. I definitely did some talking, Savannah not so much."

"Hey at least you tried."

"Yeah but now I feel bad. I don't want her to let fear run her life."

"Says the girl that let's fear run her life."

I punched him and he quickly grabbed his other arm before I could do it again. "I'm serious."

"Think of that Starbuck encounter as the first step into conquering Savannah's confidence."

"Yeah you know what I guess you're right."

He pumped his fist into the air. "Finally for once I'm right."

I laughed and rested my head onto my shoulder feeling better I told him the truth, well half of the truth. Hey it's better than nothing. Then that sweet girl who's name I could never remember came to our table with her cute grin.

"Hi everyone! I'm having a party at my house tomorrow night. Invite your friends and tell anyone else who enjoys booze to come."

"Which would be like the whole entire school right?" Mason and Chase barked in unison and everyone at our table laughed.

"Yeah pretty much. Zoey will you be there?"

"Uhh I don't know. I don't really like parties and I have so much homework I haven't gotten done yet."

"Come on Zoey it will be fun and we can go together." Hazel urged me to go but I didn't really feel that going to a party was necessary.

"Please?"

"Fine!" There was no point in arguing because I knew he would find some way to get me to that party whether I liked it or not. 

"Perfect the party starts at ten see you guys there."

I had a feeling that going to this party would either be great or a really bad idea.