Christina's Funeral

Today I felt like I had been defeated but at least I was at home. Where I could be with my family and do my favorite thing in the whole world, eat.

"Hey mom. I'm back from school."

"That's good how are you feeling? Is your friend Benson ok?"

"Oh yeah! You just reminded me. I'll call him right now."

"Shouldn't you call Hazel first?"

"Mom! Benson is the one hurt!"

My mom raised her hands as if she was trying to defend herself. "It's just he's been calling the house phone nonstop. Did you guys have a fight."

"Kinda. But you're right I'll call him."

"Good."

"Right after I call Benson."

My mom rolled her eyes as I hopped up stairs taking the home phone so I wouldn't forget to call Hazel.

"Hey."

"Hey."

"You ok?"

"My head still hurts but I'll be fine."

"You?"

"Why wouldn't I be ok?"

"Zoey are you ok?"

I sighed. I hated how much he was always right. "No."

"Let's talk about it. What's on your mind?"

"I would love to tell you but you already know."

"Come on! You're no fun. How can you be so sure. Maybe I don't. I probably don't know hit me."

"I still really feel bad about what happened back in the abandoned playground."

"Zoey it's nothing really and I'm pretty sure we've moved past this. What is it really?"

"Fine. I feel defeated like we're putting all our energy in this war but we've already lost and the other team is just laughing and enjoying the ride because they know they have already won."

"Let's look at the positives I believe that Chayton doesn't really know how much we know about him."

"Why do you think that?"

"Well he instead of showing up and showing us his face. He hides in the shadows and tries to kill us afraid because he doesn't really know how much we know about him and what he did to Christina. For all we know he probably thinks that we know his name and that he rapped Christiina which is why we are trying to hunt him down."

"Ok then what should we do?"

"For now lets wait it out."

"I don't know that seems like a very bad idea."

"I think we should because Chayton already has a disadvantage."

I sighed and threw my head against my pillow. "And what is that?"

"He already knows how we look like."

"Oh yeah. Thanks to Cedric."
"So let's stay away from all of this for a while?"
"How long exactly?"

"Two days."

"Fine. Feel better."

"Thanks. Bye."

"Bye."

I rolled off my bed anxious. How was I going to not do anything to find truth behinds CHristina's murder? For all I know it seems like everything is coming to me. I was going to call Hazel when my mom called me downstairs. What did she want now?