The Lock In

I looked at my mom with pleading eyes as she handed me my bag with all my things."Please mom just tell him that you don't think it is the best idea for me to stay here. Problem solved I go home."

"I'm sorry honey but I knew this was a possibility and maybe if you were paying attention during your group session you would be going home right now. When you don't interact with you piers or participate how will you get better and finally go home for good?"

"I still can't believe you didn't tell me. Next time will you give me a heads up?"

"If I had done that you wouldn't have gotten out of the house. Trust me everyone here knows what they're doing. Have fun."

How Am I supposed to have fun. Everytime when I think It will get a little bit better something bad happens to remind me I'm not supposed to be happy. My mom kisses me on the top of my head and heads out the door. Honestly fun is the last thing I will be doing here.

I head to my room and find Savannah already packing her things and setting her bed. She chose the queen sized bed. If I hadn't been bickering with my mom maybe I would have gotten to choose the bed I wanted. I already know today is going to be a bust. It's only noon and it will some more group sessions, dinner, and I go sleep and it will be tomorrow morning and the only thing I will have to worry about is school. So far the only good out of this is the room are huge and me and Savannah are practically miles away from each other so we won't have to actually talk to each other. There is two bathrooms complete with a showers and even our own Flat screen TVs on each side but I still rather be home then here.

"Hey so sorry so I'm just going to head to the guy's room and meet with Aaron kay?"

"Yeah okay cool bye." Then she heads off. Just what I expected. She probably doesn't want to be friends with me anymore than I do but she doesn't even try to hang out with me it's like school all over again. At least I have Cameron.

I head out and realize I don't know how to get to their room. Now how Am I going to get to Cameron and I don't feel like finding Mr. Tucker and asking him because he's the reason I'm in this situation in the first place.

"You lost?" I turn around and see Hazel eyes.

My day got just a little better. "Um yeah I kinda didn't get the whole tour of this place but I'm hoping I won't need it because I'm not planning on staying here any longer."

He chuckles. "Well, how about I give you that tour? This way malady." I smiled and follow him. "Okay so this is the kitchen where you could go to get you midnight snacks or anything else you're craving. This is the lounge where you could hang out with your friends and talk or watch your fave TV shows or even read a book. Last but not least this is the room where you will be having your other group sessions."

"Okay so kitchen, lounge, hell room. Okay got it. So why are you still here anyway? Don't you just volunteer for the group sessions then leave? I mean like if I were you I would bolt out of here and leave a body shaped hole in the door."

He gives me a cheeky grin. "Well that's different see you're a patient here and I'm not so of course you would want to leave plus there's a pretty girl with blonde hair that kinda is staying tonight."

I feel the heat rushing towards my cheeks. He walks again once again leaving being dumbstruck. I really hate that. As if on cue Cameron arrives.

"I saw you with Hazel eyes. How was it? Are you guys going out? Did he declare his love for you?"

" Hey that's my thing and yeah something like that."

"Im guessing it was something because you face looks like a tomato."

"Whatever! That's not the point. The point is that he's going to be staying here and I can barely keep myself together when I'm with him so I'm going to need any possible reason to stay far away from him."

" Just your luck looks like group session two has started."

"Uhh that's actually worse what makes him think that we're going to talk if we didn't talk at the last one?"

"The difference is we are going to want to get out of there early so we are going to do whatever he says and get it over with."

"Okay."

******

"Ok everyone let's get started. We're going to do a different kind of exercise since the last one was so ineffective. We will start in a circle starting with Zoey." Of course. "In this activity each go you will say your name and why you are here. You don't have to go into detail you can just say one sentence or even one word."

"Hi everyone I am Zoey and I am here because my teacher thinks that I was going to commit suicide because of what I said in my speech."

"That's good, ok now Cameron."

"Hey I'm Cameron and I am here because I tried commit suicide."

Okay Cameron never told me that. But I'm not going to pressure him. I'll just wait till he's ready to tell me.

"Aaron."

"My name is Aaron and I am here because I tried commit suicide too."

"Ok so you guys have a similarity good we have some progress, Savannah."

"Hi. I'm Savannah and I am here because I had a mental break down when My boyfriend broke up with me." Aaron fixes her hair and holds her hand a little tighter when she says this. Poor Savannah now I feel a little bad for judging her earlier. See I'm getting better at this.

"I'm very proud of our work today that was very very good progress. Your curfew is 11:00. Everyone has to be in their rooms by 11:30. There is food for you in the dining hall today is lasagna. That is all everyone dismissed."

I headed out the room with Cam and everyone else. So far it wasn't so bad. What isn't a good day when you get offered free food? Still I couldn't wait to actually go home. Maybe just maybe staying here won't be so bad, how bad can it get anyway?

Thank you for reading!! I hope you guys like my story so far feel free to comment and vote.  :)