A little courage

Savannah hopped out of her chair and screamed. "I'm so glad it's over! We can finally get Starbucks, honestly I've been thinking about it all day."

"Me too!" I had a feeling it's been a long time since Savannah has hung out with a friend.

"Ok let's go ask Samantha before we miss her."

We grabbed our bags and headed towards Sam. For some reason I was really nervous. So nervous that my hands were sweating. I hated when that happened.

"Hey Samantha me and Zoey are heading to Starbucks wanna come with?"

Sam looks up from staring on the floor. She was trying to act like she didn't see us!

She sighs and faces Savannah. "I would love to but I really just want to rest I've had a rough day."

"I really want you to come! Please come, maybe after you've had a sip of your vanilla bean frappuccino all your worries will go away."

"I just don't feel like going Savannah maybe next time."

Yeah because I'm here. What did I do to make her hate me? I couldn't stand around questioning anymore. I was going to find out.

"Ok well see you later." Sam starts walking away.

"Savannah I'll catch up with you in a second I just want to talk to Samantha for bit."

"Ok meet me in the car."

I catched up to Sam as she was opening the door to her room.

"Sam! Sam! Can we please talk?"
"Right now is really not a good time."

"Are you serious right now!!"

"Sam I was your best friend."

"Can we please talk about this later?"

"We can't talk about this later!" You have been blowing me off. For heaven's sake! You haven't even really talked to me since I've gotten here!"

"It's not that easy. You know what it's like to be bullied and to wish you could just disappear."

I rolled my eyes. "Sam we're both standing in a mental clinic."

"See! You don't get it! How it is to feel like you're alone and while you're drowning everyone else breathing not even knowing you're there."

"Sam you weren't alone! I was there for you!"

"I'm sorry Zoey but I have to leave."

"Did you even stop for a second to see what that would do to me? You didn't even say goodbye you just left and I had to find out what happened to you from somebody else. Do you you know how that feels Sam? That your own best friend wouldn't tell you what happened to her, felt that maybe you weren't even her friend to begin with."

Sam clenched her fists as the never ending tears cascaded down her face."I'm sure you're fine you probably moved on like everyone else. You're going to Starbucks with Savanh right?"

"It isn't always about you! That's the thing with you. It was never about me! You never asked how I felt! It was always always about you!"

"Well I'm sorry I was such a drag."

"I didn't say that. I'm saying instead of acknowledging I am here for you, you are constantly making up this image in your mind that I am just like everyone else but I'm not. Because of you I almost killed myself, because of you I haven't had a real friend in three years in fact I haven't had a friend at all, because of you I was waiting for a friend that didn't want nothing to do with me."