Xebic

Kaze POV
     I had been in a lot of pain. It was a shock to be awoken, our savior pinned to the wall, and our assailant towering over us. I struggled against the gag in my mouth. The bonds around my arms and legs left rope burns. I turned. Kage nodded to me. He at least seemed calm. "Trust me. I don't really have a plan, and this looks kinda bad right now. But I'll get you outta here...even if I have die in the process." The spy said.

"Aren't you so cute?" The Doctor said, tracing my jawline with his finger. "I'm sure you have a million and one questions. Allow me to kill this pesky little spy and I will be happy to answer you." He pulled us back against the wall and walked toward the guy who had freed us.

"Bugger off, you creep." He said, offering him an extended middle finger.

"Now, now, let's not be so hostile. I don't see the need to be hateful! Sure, I'm about to kill you, but I'm completely willing to let bygones be bygones, aren't you? You could work for me, hm? Like in the old days?" He lifted the visor on the warrior's helmet and swiftly received a glob of saliva in the eye! My eyes went wide as he staggered around the room. "You little--!"

"Don't tell me you're germaphobic!" The warrior laughed.

"Do you realize how many million viruses and bacteria you just spit into my eye?! If I get pink eye, you will get the bill for eye drops." The villain stamped his foot.

     Kage head-butted my arm and nodded to something metallic gleaming under the control board. He could Substitute over there and let me uncut myself! I nodded, making a mental note to tell him he's a genius later. I watched as he deteriorated in front of me and reappeared under the control board. Next to me was a sword. His sword! Kage met my gaze. He had my sword, Zephyr. I inched over and slowly sawed my arm bonds open. I was able to untie my leg bonds and take out the gag. It took all of my effort to not trigger my own gag reflex. Doctor Xebic had a scalpel slid under the mystery man's helmet. I wasted no time. I attacked.

     "Wait!" Kage said, throwing a Barrier between me and the Doctor. "One of these days, you're going to almost die again, and I'm gonna laugh."

     "What'd you stop me for?! You just wasted our only chance!"

     "We'll get another one, trust me. This guy is kinda lacking in the pattern recognition department." He said.

     "Why do you have to hesitate?" I shouted. "You're going to fall behind one of these days! I'll leave you behind because you didn't take a chance!"

     "So, you can see my electrical barrier. Very interesting." The Doctor appeared troubled.

     "I only had to see it flicker." Kage smirked. I loved the guy, but he just had a way with the villains.

     "More fighting, less talking! You locked us up for years to harvest our life energy!"

     Kage charged right past the Doctor. He missed! What had gotten into him? He slashed at the metal bonds holding the warrior to the wall. "Aw yeah!" He exclaimed. "Call me Finch-5 until we can get outta here!"

     "Finch-5?" A voice from inside the box on his waist echoed.

     "I'm alive, thanks to some good old-fashioned Guardian abilities." He turned to us. "I guess I'm in your debt."

     "How?!" The Doctor exclaimed. "How could I be so careless?!"

     "The world may never know!" Two more bodies floated into the room. A boy about our age with green hair and eyes held on to the arms of a young girl with pink eyes and hair in pigtails that were currently acting as the wings of a bird.

     "More Guardians?!" I exclaimed.

     "Raccoon-1! Dog-2!" Alpha rushed to them, wrapping the little girl in a hug.

     "Are they okay, Finch-5?" The boy asked.

     "NOT ANYMORE THEY'RE NOT!!" Doctor Xebic shouted. I felt a crushing weight around my chest, compressing my ribcage.

     "What?! No!" I looked over. Kage was in a similar predicament. The heroes were quickly being surrounded by the same traps. Finch-5 and Raccoon-1 kicked a few back, but they were quickly closing in. I wasn't sure who to be more afraid for.