Explosion

"Hold on, Doc." Kage said. "Something is off." He was stalling for time! I felt so helpless! I had just escaped a prison! I was out of the frying pan and into the fire. I was scared. I was frustrated. I was angry. Forget angry, I was furious! "I don't think your 'equations' accounted for--"

     "You. Will. Pay." I said. I felt a fire light inside of me.

     "Sure. Why not? That. Did your math account for whatever the Hell that is?" Kage asked.

     "Uh...." Xebic said, slowly backing away.

     "Die!" The fire within exploded into a powerful wind attack, leaving the ribcage-crushing trap in metallic shards.

     The Doctor quickly fled the room. It was too much to handle. I attempted to chase him, but a body grabbed me from behind. I struggled with him. "Woah, remember what I said about losing control?! Come to your senses! You're  corrupting yourself!" He shouted.

I turned to face him. I saw a tinted mirror. "We saw Napoleon, we saw Hitler, we saw everything about the human race from inside that scepter. And our bodies were being drained while we struggled in a simulation at the hands of a human. Why do you still insist that humans deserve this planet?! They don't, Kage! Humans are the worst creatures to walk the Earth!" I shouted.

"Remember when you loved them and watched them from the Eternal Kingdom? I know you did." My eyes went wide. "What about Juno? You sure seemed emotional when he died. I was too." I suddenly felt horrible. How could I forget about him? "And surely you didn't forget Sir Princess." Cherry... He still calls her Sir Princess. He must really miss her. Kage looked relieved. "I know I have your attention. I know you're better than this, though not by much." I saw him smirk. I was just about to attack when Dog-2 touched my shoulder. I was suddenly way calmer.

     "She's the Guardian of Emotion. Able to calm down anyone by sensing and toning down the negative feelings." Finch-5 took off his helmet to reveal a shock of long blonde hair with red highlights and eyes. "And I'm the Guardian of Self Defense." Wait, Finch-5 was a girl?

     "Oh. I honest-to-God thought you were a guy." Kage stared.

     "Yeah, I get that a lot." She said with a wink. "Don't worry. It's a rookie mistake. I use a machine to make my already somewhat low voice sound that much more masculine."

     "Any other crazy gender shocks we should know about?" I asked.

     "Oh, tons. Luckily, you don't have to learn all of them right now." Raccoon-1 smiled.

     "What year is it?" Kage asked.

     "We'll discuss that later."

     "Finch-5! I hate to interrupt your little pow-wow, but the levels of ammonia in the whole facility are rising! You guys need to go now!" The box-man said.

     "Wait, there's a person in there! I'll save hi--" I began.

     "Right!" Finch-4 cut me off and turned to us. "Ammonia is extremely flammable. Let's go!" She ran up to the door and pressed a few buttons. "Argh! We're locked in! The Doctor must've locked us in here when he left!"

     "What'll we do now?!" Raccoon-1 asked.

     "You need to stop whatever's causing the ammonia levels to rise! I think it's a pipe above you and to your right." Box-man instructed.

     "Found it!" Kage shouted, pointing to a pipe that was releasing an apparently very flammable gas called ammonia. "What's my prize?"

      "I'll get it!" Raccoon-1 volunteered. He grabbed a wrench and a roll of duct tape off of the control board. "Makes sense that these are in here, he's always breaking stuff." I saw him kick off the wall a grand total of twice before needing help from Dog-2. She flew him up there and flung him at the pipe. The wrench struck an even bigger hole in the pipe.

     "Get down from there! It's obvious you don't know what you're doing."

     "Guys! Get down! It's gonna--!"

     BOOM!!!