Breakfast Discussion

Kaze POV

     It took Kage and I two hours to find the mess hall. When we got there, it was empty. "What time is it?" I asked.

     "I don't know. Maybe if I could see the sun, I could tell you." He replied.

     "How did you sleep?" I asked, in an attempt at conversation.

     "Horribly. You fell out of your bunk and onto mine and kept snoring away, as usual. I shoved you off. How did you even do that? I know for a fact there was a guardrail up there to prevent that."

     "Whoops. So that's why I was on the floor." I shrugged sheepishly.

     Kage scowled. "Let's just get some breakfast."

     "Fine, but where? I don't see any food." I asked.

     "What on Earth are you two doing up?" We turned to see Seth at the door. "Didn't you guys sleep well?"

     "Yeah!" I said with a thumbs up.

     "No." Kage complained.

     He noticed the differing views and laughed. "You guys could go back and sleep, you know. You do know it's only 4:00 A. M., right?"

     "How do you know that if you can't see the sun?" I asked.

     "He obviously can't tell time. Why else would he be up at such an ungodly hour?" Kage said.

     "We have this thing called a clock that tells people what the time is, at any time. Also, you're not supposed to look at the sun anymore. It's really bad for your eyes. As for why I'm up, well, that's kinda my business, if you don't mind."

     "Nah, you're good. Hey, where's the grub? I'm hungry!" I said.

     "Oh, we usually wait for everyone to start eating."

     "Sure, I can wait." Kage said, sitting down. "Come on, Kaze. It's just a bit of waiting." I hesitantly sat down.

     Eventually, at around 8, the others finally filtered in.  We managed to squeeze nine of us around a small table. Morning, everyone..." Jackson yawned, walking up to us.

     "Hey, you look tired, boss. Rough night?" Ariel asked.

     "Uh... You could say that, right Lily?"

     "Yup, yup! I slept fine, though." She said.

     "Good. That's..." He let out a huge yawn. "...really good."

     "So, what's the, uh, plan for today, Jackson?" Phantom asked.

     "I'm in the mood for a bit of socializing!" Fantasma grinned. "Are there any missions around?"

      "No." Phantom said. "Er, I mean, probably not."

      "Actually," Jackson said. "We do have that press conference today."

     "What's a press conference?" I asked.

     "Well..." He pondered. "People come and hear us give speeches about our daily lives here. Then they ask us questions, and we answer them."

     "May we participate in this 'press conference'?" Kage asked.

     "I don't think so." He said.

     "Aw, come on!" I said. "I wanna talk to people, too! We're really great public speakers!"

     "Yeah, and we wouldn't say anything bad, if that's what you're scared of." Kage chimed in.

     "And it would help relieve tensions from that scuffle with the police last night." Ariel said.

     "Oh..." He looked around. "Fine. But if we tell you to get off the stage, you have to, okay? I trust your word, but I worry people may take offense to the way you two say things. I don't want to start a riot."

Kage shrugged next to me. "Okay." I said.

     "Okay, then. It's settled. You guys pull way too hard on my leg." He sighed. "That is all we have for today. I don't really care where you go, as long as you're back here at 16:00 hours so we can all go to the press conference together. Meeting adjourned." He walked away.

     "I can't wait for later!" Fantasma said.

     "C'mon, sis." Phantom said, starting for the door.

     "No, wait!" She leaned across the table at Kage. "You have a very strong spirit, don't you? I can feel it. I wonder if you're stronger than me...?"

     "I wouldn't doubt it." Kage said, leaning back in the chair.

     There was a loud bang as she knocked over the chair. "Prove it."

     "With pleasure. Hey, Kaze! We're going to the arena we found while wandering. Bring Phantom with you." He used Aura Wing to get out of there in a flash. Fantasma ran out of the room at top speed.

     "Okay! Be careful!" I shouted. "Do you think we should go?" I asked Phantom.

     "Yes. Let's hurry!" We followed them.