Frank grows a spine

Franks 3 years older in this btw

Granted, the window wasn't very far off the ground but the force of the explosion made the impact with the earth much more painful than it should have been. Fortunately, the bushes that littered the property cushioned their fall and shielded them from the eruption.

Frank exhaled, letting out the breath he didn't realize he was holding. There was a bloodcurdling scream coming from the front of the house. "Mikey!" Along with other shrieks of profanity. They must have landed on the side of the smoldering building, not being seen by the rest of the onlookers.

He attempted to get up but his body was protesting. The leaves and branches were tangled up in his uniform, not to mention the body on top of him. "We're over here!" He yelled as loud as he could. Soon enough there were hands reaching for them and uncovering the debris. Frank couldn't help the coughing fit he began having when he was upright, the smoke finally getting to him.

"Mikey?!" The boy had tried to get to his brother only to be held back by Vic and Andy. "He'll be okay, the paramedics need to check him out first." Vic explained as Ryan  put an air mask on Mikey. Brendon continued to inspect him and finally came up with an analysis. "Okay, we need to get him to the hospital ASAP," Brendon concluded. "He's obviously unconscious which could mean possible head injury and might lead to a coma-like state." He explained, setting Mikey on the gurney.

The boy gasped beside Frank. "I have to come with." He said, attempting to get into the ambulance. "No dude, your not fit to go." Andy tried to reason, once again holding him back but he was not having it. Tears began streaming down his face as he tried to shimmy out of the men's grip. Frank hated seeing him like this, obviously he didn't know they boy at all but he could only imagine the emotions he was feeling. Almost losing your brother and having all your belongs lost in a fire was not the ideal Friday afternoon.

"Hey, man just let him go with," Frank finally decided to speak out. "He's his brother." He explained as he stepped closer to his other colleagues. Ryan gave him a disapproving look as they began closing up the doors of the ambulance. "Frank, he can't we need to get him there immediately." And before he knew it the vehicle was taking off down the road with the older brother limping behind it. "No! Mikey! Wait!" He screamed as he fell to the ground.

Frank was beyond livid. The other firefighters were already piling into the truck, waiting for the other two to accompany them. He glared at them, hoping to burn holes into the vehicle to see how it felt. The boy continued to sob into the ground as frank made his way over. "Hey, hey, it's okay. I'm going to get you to that hospital okay." He said, patting the boy on the back and helping him off the ground.
"What's your name?" He asked as Frank linked their arms together and made their way to the truck.

"Gerard." He managed to stutter out in between heavy breaths. "That's a nice name," Frank was never good at introductions. It was always too awkward for him and he didn't do well in those situations alone. "My name is Frank." He stated. Now that they were almost face to face Frank realized that Gerard was not that young. He was slightly taller than Frank, but who wasn't. His flawless completion made him look younger than he already was, including the contrast his dark hair had against his milky white skin. Frank wanted to reach out and caress the tear stained cheeks and tell him it would be alright. He wanted to magically conjure up a time machine and lay him back in his cozy bed. He wanted to bring him back to that morning when his brother was there with him... drawing? Listening to music? Maybe just talking? He wanted all of them to be seated at the table, laughing over breakfast. He wanted to give him what shouldn't have been taken. Franks sorrows must have been portrayed on his face because Gerard gave him a small, but sad smile.

As they finally arrived at the truck, Franks desolation instantly twisted into anger. "Get in the back." He demanded with an irate expression. "No man, I'm drivin." Pete said stubbornly, crossing his arms over his chest. And that was when Frank finally snapped. "Give me the fucking keys." He growled furiously. Pete's eyes went wide, Frank never talked like that. He scurried out of the front seat and quickly tossed him the keys as he made his way to the back of the vehicle.