Get in loser, we're going shopping

Those hospital lights would haunt him for the rest of his life. Even if Mikey ended up being fine, the fluorescent halls would be in his nightmares as he endlessly ran down them, from who knows what. As much as he loved Mikey, exiting the building was always the best part about the daily trips to that prison, finally free from the stare of the lightbulbs that saw every guest come through those doors.

"So where do you wanna go?" Frank asked excitedly as if shopping was his favorite thing to do, which Gerard prayed it wasn't because he really didn't want to be stuck at the store forever. Gerard hated shopping, he hated spending money he didn't really have, but he especially hated spending other people's money. "I don't care, we don't have to go..." Gerard shrugged but Frank glared at him like it was the end of the word. "Yes, we have to go!" He exclaimed pulling out of the parking lot and onto the main road.

Gerard just chuckled at this over dramatic man he may or may not already be head over heels for. "Where are we going?" He asked, not really caring about the answer. "The mall." He replied happily, but Gerard only groaned. "What? You don't like the mall?" He gasped theatrically, as they once again found themselves seated in a parking lot. "Not really." He sighed as they got out of the car and made their way inside. "Come on, aren't you sick of wearing those oversized clothes." Frank tried to lure him in but Gerard only pouted. "Hey, I happen to like comfy, oversized clothes." He scowled but Frank grabbed his wrists and pulled them into the hot topic.

Gerard's mood lightened up right when he stepped inside, already feeling at home. "I know the day I met you, you were wearing a Misfits shirt so, I thought we'd stop in here first." Frank explained with a slight blush on his cheeks, but Gerard's heart seemed to grow at the small tint of color.

•~•~•~•

Gerard, of course, kept his eye on something extremely off limits, but he really couldn't help it. Every time they had passed it in the window, he would take a quick glance to admire the seemingly silky fabric. He really just wanted to touch it and maybe wear it at this point as they passed it for the third time to get to another store that would not measure up to the skirt behind the glass.

"But Gerard, it's a puppy." Frank pouted as he showed him the ugly shirt. Gerard only smiled and rolled his eyes at the man's not so manly gestures. "It's for like a five year old, Frank." He pointed out as the firefighter set the shirt back on the rack while mumbling an unhappy 'fine'. "Alright, I guess we're done, ready to go?" Gerard nodded but his tongue was revolting, at least they could pass it on the way out, right?

Frank's suspicions were confirmed for the umpteenth time as the passed the store and Gerard gazed longingly into the window, the skirt unmoving. He chuckled to himself, as if Gerard could hide from him, pfft.

•~•~•~•

"Anywhere else you wanna go?" Frank asked as he started the car. Gerard shrugged, meaning 'not really' but Frank could tell he was keeping secrets behind his lips. "You can't lie to me Gerard," Frank laughed as he buckled up, meaning this in more ways than one. "I know there's somewhere you wanna go." He waited for a reply as Gerard finally capitulated into Frank's stare. "Walmart?" He said in the form of a question, as if asking himself if he wanted to go there.

Walmart clothes weren't really in Frank's eye of fashion, but if that's what he wanted... "Walmart..." Frank repeated, unsure of the other man's decision. Gerard only smiled, very small to himself. "Yeah," he replied finally meeting the eyes he cracked under, "I need a knew sketch book." Frank was a little surprised by this new information, Gerard just seemed like the dude who just played video games all day. "And maybe some colored pencils."