I walk a lonely road

Frank woke up to an empty bed, well besides him in it, but the raven haired man he had come to adore, was missing. Come to think of it, did he even come to bed? Did he sleep in his own room? Franks heart fell at that thought. He didn't need him anymore, to be there for him, comfort him. He rolled onto his side and bit his lip, continuing to ponder how much he would miss Gerard once Mikey woke up. Would they live somewhere else? Would they even talk anymore?

He shook the detrimental thoughts away as he glanced at the clock, realizing it was late enough to get out of bed. He peered into Gerard's room as he passed it, only to find the door ajar but no one in it. He frowned and made his way to the kitchen to have all his questions answered, smiling a big toothy grin because he just couldn't help it.

Gerard was knocked out at the kitchen table, slumped over his sketch book with pencils littering the floor. His arms were tucked under his cheek as he tried to seek warmth in his hunched position. Frank shook his head, still smiling as he approached the man and poked his shoulder, reviving a groan. "Wakey wakey," he cooed as Gerard sat up and stretched.

"Did you really fall asleep here?" He asked the taller man rhetorically, but only got a yawn in response. "I guess I just passed out." He glanced around, gathering his colored pencils that fell to the floor. Frank chuckled as his heart rate increased because of how adorable he was. "How late were you up?" He asked, finding another pencil hidden behind a chair. Gerard only shrugged, but Frank could see the bags under his eyes.

"Why don't you take a little nap on the couch and I'll make us some brunch, okay?" He asked as Gerard groggily made his way to the sofa, already snoring within minutes. Frank smiled and placed a blanket over the man that was going to be the death of him.

•~•~•~•

By the time they had both eaten it was already two o'clock and the day was going by slow, It was too late to do something riveting but to early to just chill. "So, what do you wanna do?" Frank asked as they continued their dish washing cycle of cleaning then drying, which became an enjoyable task they were now use to. It was the time they talked the most for some reason, even though they spent day and night together.

"Movie?" Gerard asked, tossing the dish towel onto the counter. Frank was unsure by this, recalling the last time they had a movie night. "Yeah, sure." He finally agreed, capitulating to the hopefulness in his irises. "Wait, what day is it?" He asked, coming back to reality for the first time all week, returning from the vacation that was his fantasies, or maybe just Gerard. "Umm, Friday." The taller man responded, "Why?"

"Oh, I get paid today," Frank smiled, "We can stop by the fire station and then get pizza or something." He explained as he searched for his keys. Gerard furrowed his eyebrows as he spotted the keys on the table. "But your not working." He stated, grabbing the keys. "Well I was there like one day last week," he explained as they exited the house and made their way to the car. Frank's preference of time is a little fuzzy right now so all the days from the past month seemed to blend together.

"You don't have to come if you don't want to." Frank said, but disagreeing with his words. He knew Gerard was a little introverted and didn't want him to be uncomfortable around the guys. Gerard's heart rate quickened at the proposal, not wanting to be away from the firefighter for more than a second. Frank was his guardian angel, he was safe, he was home. Gerard shook his head violently at the preposterous idea, seeming slightly flustered. Frank only shrugged and continued on with their conversation.

"And I never take any vacations so, these are them." He said which kind of saddened Gerard. "You don't take any vacations?" He asked quizzicality as they got into the car. Frank only shrugged as if it wasn't a big deal. "What about friends, family? Events?" He gaped, because who doesn't want to be on vacation. "I don't really have any." Frank said somberly as he pulled out of the driveway.

Gerard's heart fell at Franks tone, he could tell it was a touchy subject and decided to drop it, but couldn't help thinking about it. Did Frank really not have any friends or family? Is that why he was on those pills? loneliness? He stared out the window as he thought back to all the signs, not believing how blind he was. He then glanced at Frank, realizing he was never going to leave his side.