Don't Play Base Quest With Dex - You'll Lose

A/N This is a Biana X Dex one-shot, just by the way.

Biana's POV

     Dex and I were, once again, paired up for base quest. Keefe always chose Sophie to be his partner. It had been annoying at first, but now it's not as annoying. I still couldn't help the slight pain in my chest whenever Sophie blushed at something Keefe said. I was getting better.

     During our time together with the Black Swan, I had developed feelings for the cute, strawberry-blonde boy, with striking periwinkle eyes and a dimpled smile named Dexter Dizznee.

     Before I ran to catch up to him, (boy was he fast!) I checked my reflection in a puddle. Hey! I'm not shallow, but I might as well make a good impression. I made sure my hair was in its usual perfect dark curls, and my tunic was matching my teal eyes well.

     I know worrying about boys when we were still being threatened by the Neverseen wasn't the smartest thing, but it was a good way to distract myself. Over the years everyone has gotten more involved in their romantic feelings, with the love square and etc., and I thought it was perfectly fine. We may as well have some normalcy in our lives and be regular teenagers when we weren't fighting the bad guys.

     When I catch up to Dex, he was standing next to our lake. Without looking up at me, he says, "Biana, I need to tell you something." It looked... important. He had twisted his fingers together in what looked like a very painful way, and there was no trace of a smile on his face.

     "Yeah, sure, Dex," I say, not knowing where the conversation was going. He unwound his fingers from each other, moving one hand to tap against his bicep. Which, surprisingly, was actually there, and it looked much like Keefe's or Fitz's. Not that I stared at Keefe's arm, or anything. I just happen to live with one very melodramatic friend, whose best friend is even more dramatic.

     "Okay," he starts, gathering courage, "I've - I've kinda like you for awhile now, after the whole... thing with Sophie." He doesn't dare look up, and I immediately feel terrible for him. He had the fear of being rejected, the fear I had carried for so long. 

     The next thing I do surprises him. I stand on my toes (how unfair, he was getting so tall) and plant a small kiss on his cheek, which sends us both into a fit of blushing. We both stare intently at our feet, as I was too giddy to do much else. 

     We hear a loud crunch to our right, and quickly turn our heads in that direction. Keefe comes out of the forest, his perfectly styled, yet messy blonde hair now showered with leaves, hollering "WE WON!!!! TEAM FOSTER-KEEFE IS UNSTOPPABLE!!!!" As he grabs our wrists, tagging us. During our little.... moment, I had completely forgotten we were playing a game. I scowl at Keefe, and he simply laughs and turns around to hug Sophie.

     Sophie gave me a look that told me she knew something had happened. In response, I blushed, giving myself away. As Keefe ran ahead of us with Dex in tow, Sophie said, "You will tell me everything." 

     I nodded, then raced her back to the house, the first person to the kitchen would get the first piece of mallowmelt. 

A/N Okay! It's not as trashy or as cheesy as it was before! It actually makes a little bit of sense and follows a (kind of) plot line! I appreciate you reading, and I'd appreciate an upvote (maybe?) *puppy dog eyes*. Thank you so much!