Wake Up, Brain.

A/N This one is Foster-Keefe, not my best work, but hey, it's a chapter.

Sophie's POV

     I was lost in thought thinking about my birthday, which was today. I knew it wasn't exactly an elven tradition, but not celebrating my birthday felt odd. My friends had decided they'd throw a party at Everglen, and I didn't know how to thank them enough.

     I still had time before it was time to go to Everglen, so I decided to hop in the shower. After a while of letting the warm water sooth me, I stepped out, dreading the fact that I'd have to dress up for the party. I didn't want to, and I'd thought I'd get a say on the party since it was my party, after all, but Biana had insisted. I walked to my closet to find a dress for the party, trying to find the least flashy and attention drawing one. I pull out one of the red dresses Edaline had bought me from Atlantis. It was just above the knee and had spaghetti straps. I pulled it on, flashing back to the Aurenflare, when I had been put in a dress similar to this. I could still picture the boys' gaping mouths. 

     It was finally time to head to Everglen, and as I picked up the last thing I would need, I heard a knock, followed by Sandor's squeaky goblin voice. "Mr. Sencen would like to speak to you." 

     "Let him in," I said, wondering why Keefe had come, as I was about to see him at my party in just a couple of minutes.

     "Sup Foster?" Keefe asked as he entered my room, making a beeline to my bed. I held out my hand and motioned to the floor, enforcing my No Stinky Boys On The Bed rule. Not that Keefe was stinky at this moment, but still, it was my bed.

     "Hey Keefe," I say, "What are you doing here?"

     "Well," He says, "two reasons. One: I wanted to bring you to Everglen, and two: I wanted to give you your present early." He winked, and came a little closer, grabbing my wrists. 

     "Okay..." I say, not quite sure what was going to happen. His lips curl into a smile - a real, Keefe, smile - and his icy blue eyes lock with mine.

     Keefe leans in, closing the distance between us, and plants a kiss on my lips. My brain shuts down for a second, and then, coming to my senses, kiss him back. All too soon, we pull apart, and Keefe whispers sheepishly, "I don't know if you knew, Foster, but I'm in love with you."

     Suddenly, everyone else's gifts seemed a lot less important.

A/N  I'm really sorry it's so short, it's only 300 words... But... Did ya like it? It was cheesy like everything else, but so what? A little something from a close friend of mine, "Cheesy can be sweet." Upvotes are appreciated, and thanks for reading!