This Isn't Over Yet

A/N set right after Fitz almost kisses Sophie

Keefe's POV

"How could you?!?" I yell, furious. "You know I love her!" "Well you know I love her too!" Screams an angry Fitz.

Usually we've been able to work things out after we make a move, but this time was different. He tried to kiss her. I am more than furious, I'm livid.

"Best friends are supposed to help each other out!" Fitz yells. "I could say the same to you! I've loved this girl since day one, Fitz. You were all over the place going back and forth between girls. You can't hurt Sophie again."

"Can't hurt Sophie again?!? Does Mr. I Joined The Neverseen thunk he's perfect and has never hurt her feelings?" That struck me hard. I could strike harder though.

"Says the boy with no parent issues! I had to! I saved Foster's life for goodness sake! I wasn't the one who was angry with her after your dad's mind broke!" I knew I hit hard there.

Fitz's face falls and he seems to be reliving the memory. "You're right." He says gravely. "I did blow up at her. But I've been inside her head and I know she likes me!"

He says it so desperately, and the fact that he was so wrong made me laugh. An insane strangled laugh. "For crying out loud I can feel her emotions! I know the differences she feels with the two of us." I don't specify, but he knows what I was implying.

We just sit in silence and stare angrily at each other. I can see it in his eyes that our argument won't be over until she chooses. Since that's not happening any time soon I stand to leave.

"This isn't over." He says before I exit the room.