four.

malanie pov

i woke up the next morning, feeling muscular arms wrapped tightly around my waist. i sighed happily knowing just who it was, bathing in his tropical scent.

i can't believe he liked me all along and was doubting himself like i was, i was happy he wasn't able to hold back anymore.

i'm afraid that if he didn't do that we'd still be calling each other best friend no matter how much we wanted to be more than just that.

i gently moved his arms off of me, sliding out of bed carefully not wanting to wake him up from how peacefully he was sleeping.

i grabbed some clothes for the day before walking towards my bathroom, closing the door behind me and turning on my beats pill. broken clocks x sza began playing as i hummed along, starting up the shower.

i showered, cleansed my face, and changed into my clothes before i began doing my hair. i didn't do much but slick my hair back into a ponytai, spraying my hair with water and moisturizing it.

after just deciding to only wear lipgloss today, i applied it before making my way out the bathroom.

i seen lucas was awake, his curly hair a mess on top of his head. i chuckled, making my way towards the bed as he laid back limply.

"good morning sleepy head."i smiled, running my fingers through he tangled hair.

"good morning beautiful."he smiled, suddenly grabbing me by my waist and bringing me in.

i laughed as i was pulled into his lap, his lips finding their way to mines as he pulled away with a goofy grin."how'd you sleep?"

"well, for some odd reason i slept better here than i do at home."

"it was clearly my doing."

"boy please."i playfully smacked his chest as he laughed."you do have a calming aura, so i do have to give credit where it's due."

"thank you buttercup."

"mhm."i blushed, humming as i pecked his lips once more. "i have to go home though, at least check in so my brother and father won't think i got kilt or something?"

"do they always jump to such horrible conclusions?"he questioned, seating up on his forearms slightly squinting from the sunlight shinning down on his face from the window.

"unfortunately yes, before i moved here and couldn't speak to them as soon as they called they'll call my mother freaking out. that was until they installed a tracking device in my phone."

"they did what?!"he exclaimed, eyes wide and jaw dropped as i couldn't help but to laugh.

"to keep me safe and not make them worry as much, they installed a tracking device inside my phone. they most likely know i'm here now from it but still, i feel better knowing i told them where i've been."

"you're eighteen though, not sixteen."

"if i can't explain that to them, you can't either."

he shook his head, curls flopping."do you want me to at least walk you down then?"

"no, i want you to shower. you breath isn't that pleasant right now."i scrunched my face up, pinching my nose.

"give me a kiss then!"he began cheesing, pickering his lips. it would've been cute of his breath didn't smell like he was just eating someone's ass.

"ew lucas! no!"i screeched, jumping off of him as he chased me out the room and down the steps.

thankfully the door was left unlocked, as i ran outside the house and and he stopped at the front door where he laughed.