Chapter 7

I put my head up and look at the person, it was Devine. I wipe my tears away and put my head back down. “Don’t worry, I’ll let this kept as a secret” Devine said.

“What are you doing here?” I asked. “This place is public” Devine answered. “Right” I muttered. “Why are you crying?” Devine asked. I felt his presence in front of me meaning he sat down across from me. “Nothing” I said.

“Oh sure, a person crying in the park… alone… sure that’s nothing” Devine said sarcastic in his voice. “Leave me alone” I said. I stand up and walk away from him.

“Is it family problems?” Devine asked walking beside me. “I said leave me alone” I said. I shivered. Uuggh…I should have taken one of my hoodies. Devine was taking out his leather jacket and he put it on me.

“No” I said shrugging it off. “No, just wear it for now, you’re like shivering” Devine said. “I don’t want to” I said taking off the jacket. “Leave it or you’ll die from freezing” Devine said. “I’d rather die” I muttered quietly, but I know Devine heard me. “Just leave it alright” Devine said.

“Fine, but this stays only between us” I said. Devine nodded his head. “Of course, I wouldn’t let anyone know that I let a girl borrow my jacket” Devine said.

We kept on walking and walking and we arrive in the beach. “I don’t really like beaches” Devine said out of the blue. “Same” I said.

“Really?!? Why?” Devine said. “None of your business” I said. “You’re really a close person” Devine said. I just kept quiet. I am a close person, ever since the ‘accident’ happened.

I sat down in the sand away from the water, and put the jacket close to me. Devine sat down too. “You remind me of my sister” Devine said. I look at him. “Your sister?” I asked. Devine nodded his head. “We used to be soo close, but one day, we stop talking, and she moved out” Devine said. “What happened?” I asked curiously. “None of your business” Devine mimicked.

I chuckled quietly. Devine looked at me. “You never smile, nor laugh you know” Devine said. “Yeah” I said. “Why?” Devine asked. “None of your business” I mimicked back.

I stand up and brush off the sand from my shorts. “Where are you going?” Devine asked. I shrug off his jacket and gave it back to him. “Here” I said. He accepted it back. “I’m going somewhere” I said. “Where?” Devine asked. “Nowhere” I said walking away “I just want to be alone”

“Ok” Devine answered. “Remember, this stays between us” I said turning around pointing a finger at him. “Don’t worry, this secret stays with me” Devine said back. I nodded my head and continued walking back to my car.

I went inside my car and drive. I started looking for a coffee shop and I found Starbucks. I went inside and ordered a coffee.

I sat down at one of the tables and look at my phone. Things do change. I can’t believe they blame me for it. It’s not my fault. Good thing the lady with the gun didn’t see me. I was hiding somewhere.

I shook off the memory. It was a bad memory. A memory that changed my life and my family’s life. I sip from my coffee and let the warm liquid took over my shivering body.

I finished up my coffee and look at the time. It was 1:00 a.m. I shrug and went to my car. I decided to walk first. I was walking when I feel like someone is following me. I turn around and I saw two men walking.

I walk faster and I could hear their footstep. I turn around and they were walking fast too. I took a big deep breathe and turn around. I just want to go home. I passed by them and one of them grab my hand and turn me around.