Chapter 15

I laugh so hard, I was holding my stomach and tears were falling down in my cheeks. “Omygod” I said still laughing.

I calm myself down for a minute and stand up straight. “You almost made me believe on that, jeez Dev don’t play that kind of joke again” I said tapping his shoulder with my palm.

“I’ll see you tomorrow, I’m exhausted” I said and a yawn escapes my lips “Night Dev”

“Yeah, hahaha, it was just a joke” Devine said. I smile and turn around to go to my room. “Night Jean” Devine finished.

I nodded my head and wave my hand and open Ariella and I’s room. I lean myself on the door. I breathe out. I know what he meant was true; I just played around because I don’t want anyone to fall in love with me or have someone crush on me.

My life is messed up and I don’t want to drag anyone in my life. I don’t want to drag Devine in my life. I need to fix my life and my family first, but I doubt that’s going to happen.

I went to my bed and let myself fall down in the comforting bed. “You look pale” Ariella said. I sit up and look at her.

“I thought you’re asleep” I said. Ariella laugh. “I was” Ariella said. “Did I wake you up?” I asked. “Maybe” Ariella said.

“Sorry” I said. Whoa, new record of saying ‘sorry’ in one day.

“So what’s up?” Ariella asked while sitting up doing the criss cross. “Devine confess to me” I blurted out.

“Whoa, are you serious?” Ariella said in bewilderment “I mean, Devine never confess to anyone”

“Yeah, I can see that to him” I muttered.

“What did you say?” Ariella said with excitement in her voice “Are you guys together?”

“What no!” I exclaimed quietly “I just laughed at the situation, I pretended to think it was all a joke, I mean if you weren’t really that smart, you will laugh at that too, but I saw his reaction, it was all serious”

“Then why the hell did you laugh at the situation, you’re smart” Ariella said with a shrug.

“Since when did you have interest on love?” I asked her curiously.

“Don’t change the subject here missy” Ariella said pointing a finger at me.

I breathe out a sigh. “I don’t want anyone to like me” I said “Now you get why I’m all badass”

“What do you mean you don’t want anyone to like you” Ariella said curiously.

“My life is messed up Ari, I don’t want anyone involving with my life especially Devine, since he’s already on my list on my ‘special person in my life’” I said.

“So you like him back?” Ariella said. “As much as I hate to admit, I do like him, but I’m sorry to say that I’m pushing him away” I said quietly “Don’t you dare tell anyone about this on the boys, I’m okay with the girls except Rei”

“Yup with her cheerful personality, she might just blurt it all out if we tell her” Ariella said agreeing. We stayed quiet for a while, but it was stop when Ariella started talking.

“Jean, tell me, how many siblings you have?” Ariella said “Be honest”

I stayed quiet for 2 minutes and close my eyes.

“I use to have 4 siblings” I said quietly. “Use to have?” Ariella asked. “Yes” I said. “Explain” Ariella said.

“When my parents died, my older brother, the eldest one disappeared without anyone knowing, and then my other older brother and my older sister, they went away with my auntie leaving me with my uncle, my uncle was a nice person, but when the company that my auntie and him built was bankrupt, and then my auntie blamed it on him, he started drinking and getting drunk and ever since then he started using me as his personal punching bag” I said while remembering everything.