Chapter 11

Once they calmed themselves and let it sink that I smiled and laugh in front of them, Dominique continued to grill the barbeques, the girls went back to the beach; they were asking me to swim with them, but I declined, and the remaining boys were drinking.

I was left alone sitting down in the sand watching the girls’ splash salt water to each other and laugh. If only I can be like them like the old times, I thought.

“Hmmm… loner”

I turn around and saw Devine. I rolled my eyes. “As much as the water is inviting, I can’t seem to find the courage to go and swim” Devine said. “Yeah, same” I replied.

“Do you swim in swimming pools?” Devine asked. “Nope” I said.

“You never swim?” Devine asked surprise in his voice.

“Yeah” I said.

“How long have you stop swimming?” Devine asked again before sitting down beside me in the sand.

“For 11 years” I said.

“Eleven years?!?” Devine exclaimed. “Yeahh” I said dragging the word. “I only stop swimming when I was 13 years old” Devine said.

“Well I stop swimming when I was 6 years old” I said. I saw Devine grin evilly. “Ha!” Devine exclaimed.

“What?” I asked with my eyebrows furrowed. “You’re starting to open up” Devine said quietly. I rolled my eyes.

“Way to ruin the moment, bro” I said. “Uuugghh” Devine groaned. I saw Jordan running towards the girls followed by Jackson.

When they reached the girls. Jordan grabs Ariella in the back and carried her in his shoulders. Jackson did the same to Laurein.

Ariella was shrieking while Laurein was laughing. “Jordan, you better put me down right now” Ariella said.

“Hahaha” Laurein kept on laughing. Jackson was laughing too. I observe more on Laurein and Jackson and they really look cute together.

Jordan was laughing while Ariella was punching Jordan’s back, but it wasn’t strong enough since she’s upside down.

Jackson went further in the beach. “Ahhh” Laurein shriek. One thing that Laurein hate in the beach is going to the deep part. She thinks that there’s a shark there and might bite her off leading her to death.

“No, no, no please Jackson” Laurein scream clutching onto Jackson. I smirk. They really do look good together.

“Why, you scared?” I heard Jackson said. “NO” Laurein lied. “Ok then, so I’m going to put you right here” Jackson said putting Laurein down. The water was reaching Jackson’s shoulder, but on Laurein, it reached her forehead.

Before Jackson can fully put Laurein down, Laurein jump and wrap her legs around Jackson’s waist. “No” Laurein said “Ok, ok I’m scared”

“Hmmm… a bad girl, scared?” Jackson teased Laurein. “Shut up” Laurein said. “Ok then” Jackson said putting Laurein back down again. “Ok I’m sorry” Laurein said apologizing. She was still clutching herself to Jackson.

Jackson walked back to the shore and Laurein’s face was in Jackson’s neck. I took a look at Ariella and Jordan and Jordan was still carrying Ariella in his shoulder.

“I swear to god Jordan, once you put me down, I’m going to kill you” Ariella threaten Jordan, but I can sense that she was having a good time.

I know my new friends too well. Even though we just met like 1 month. “Those two pairs look good together, don’t you think?” Devine asked.

“Yeah, I was thinking the same” I said. You go Jordan; just don’t make Ariella pissed badly.