Chapter 8

Tonight is the Spring Dance. A part of me wants to go and a part of me doesn’t. Reason why I want to go; I do not want to see any of my family here in the house. Reason why I don’t want to go; I do not want to wear a dress, no way in hell would I wear one.

Right now I just got home from school and I’m sitting right now in my window seat staring at people outside. My phone beeped signaling that I have a text. I stand up and went to check who it was.

It was Laurein.

‘Hey girl, do you have a dress for tonight?’ –L

‘Nope’ –J

‘Same here, let’s go shopping’ –L

‘No’ –J

‘Why not?’ –L

‘I hate shopping’ –J

‘You have no choice, be ready in 5 minutes, I’ll be there and no excuses’ –L

‘Fine’ –J

‘Yes’ –L

I toss my phone in my bed and change into a white skinny jean, a white tanktop, my white hoodie, and grab my white headphone and my white Nike shoe. Wow I’m all white. I look at myself in the mirror and I shrug. Not bad.

I grab my phone and my credit card and stuff them in my pocket. Before I went, I grab one of my snapbacks which is color white, too.

I tied my hair and put my snapback on. I took my headphone and put it around my neck. I locked my room and went downstairs.

I heard people talking downstairs, laughing at something I don’t know. I made it downstairs and I saw my sister with a girl probably the same age as her. My sister is 20 years old while I’m 17.

I went outside the house and waited for Laurein. I saw her Mercedes car and I saw the other girls inside. “Hey” Ariella said. “Sup” I said and opened the back seat door and went inside. “Why are you all white?” Patricia said.

“Believe me, I don’t know why” I said. Patricia shrugs and stared at her window. Jackie sat between me and Patricia; Ariella sat in the front along with Laurein driving.

“So you guys don’t have your dresses yet?” I asked them. “Yup” they said together. “Why not?” I said “For all I know, you guys love this kind of things and love to shop”

“Not me” Ariella said. “At it girl” I said leaning forward and fist bump with Ariella. You see me and Ariella are more alike than the three girls. Those three girls love to shop while Ariella and I hate it. Those three girls love to go to this kind of party, while Ariella and I don’t.

Ariella and I have a lot of personalities, that’s why I’m closer to her more.

We arrive at the mall and there were lots of people. Mostly teenagers. I recognize some people that go to our school probably shopping for their dresses.

We went inside a store and check on dresses. I didn’t find any interesting dresses. Pfft like if I ever got interested in one.

“Here try this on” Laurein said handing me a green strapless dress. Hell no, I ain’t wearing that. “No way” I said. “Just try it on” Laurein said shoving me the dress.

“No” I said “I hate green”

“Fine” Laurein said giving up taking the dress back and shove it back in the rack. I saw Patricia shoving a dress to Ariella and Ariella’s face was full of disgusted. See we have a lot on common; she hates dresses too.