Chapter 8

Soft pecks were placed on my neck as I stirred awake. It didn't take me to open my eyes to Newt was beside me. I peeled my eyes open to reveal Newt with his arm secured around my waist and his lips on my collar bone.

"Good morning love," he cooed into my neck although his lips returned to their previous state a second after.

"Good morning," I giggled. I wrapped my arms around his neck but let my fingers trace patterns onto his bare back. It occurred to me now that his hoodie replaced my clothing (besides my undergarments) so he laid topless on me.

I had been too terrified to sleep last night due to a reoccurring nightmare that was keeping me awake. Newt offered to sleep in my hut with me so that I wouldn't be alone when I awoke from the nightmares, although somehow he ended up in bed with me rather than on the chair beside the bed.

Newt moved his lips off me and hovered over my body, his eyes trailing up to my own. I smirked before pulling his body to mine so our lips couple meet once again.

"You're so beautiful and I'm so lucky you like me," he whispered and took up the space beside me in the bed.

I curled myself into him as I intertwined our fingers on the bed between us. I looked up from our fingers to his eyes and saw how bright they were. The usual bags were replaced with bright brown eyes. The typical drained face had a soft glow. He looked... healthy, no ecstatic almost.

"I'm the lucky one. Any Glade I could be thrown in and i get the one with you," I giggled and spun circles on his skin, mimicking what I did to his back.

"I really like you (Y/N)."

"I really like you too." We shared shared another quick kiss before loud pounding at the door broke it.

"Get up shanks," Alby yelled through the door like he usually did to wake everyone up.

Newt groaned and slid his hand up his hoodie that I was wearing with his hand curled around my stomach. Butterflies attacked my stomach as I traced delicate lines on his neck and collar bone.

"That feels nice love," he whispered with our eyes locked.

I giggled and continued moving my fingers until he chuckled and removed his hand from my stomach. "This is perfect but we have to get up."

"Nooo," I groaned and pushed the covers into Newt. I climbed out of the bed and found my clothes lying in a neat stack on the single dresser.

As I removed Newt's hoodie and set it on the dresser, warm hands slid from my back to my front. Newt curved himself around me with his lips on my neck and his hands spinning circles around my hip bones.

"Newt," I moaned, feeling weak under his touch.

"I really like you (Y/N). Don't forget that," he whispered before withdrawing himself from me and grabbing his pants.

I slid my jeans on before I was stopped from putting my own jacket on. Newt held out his cream colored hoodie, the same one I had just handed back to him.

"Why don't you just wear mine?" He sounded a lot less husky as if he was nervous.

"You sure?" He nodded quickly. I took it and tugged it over my body, instantly feeling the warmth as it had been used all night. Plus, it smelled exactly like him.

"You look... gorgeous," he breathed as his eyes ran me up and down.

"Thank you. Now get dressed Newt," I pecked his cheek before leaving the room with my shoes in my hand.

I walked out of the woods until I was by the picnic tables where a few boys gave me odd looks. I mean, I did just come out wearing Newt's hoodie.

"Did you two... already?" Minho practically gasped as he sat beside me. My mouth fell agape while I tied my boots on.