Chapter 11

"Alright boys," Alby shouted loudly over the keepers so he was clearly heard. We were all in the gathering room to decide Bea's job. "I would like her keeper to come forward."

I smiled as she held onto my hand. She was extremely nervous that she would be chosen as a slopper since she felt as if she wasn't good at the other jobs.

Zart stepped forward, prompting her to sigh of relief and squeeze my hand.

"From now on, she will be Beatrice of Track-hoes. You start tomorrow," Alby announced cheerfully, more cheerful than I had seen him typically. He then took all of the Keepers with him out of the hut until it was just Newt, me, Zart and Beatrice.

"Congrats Bea," Zart told her first.

Beatrice leaped into Zart's arm from the sheer amount of happiness taking over her body.
"Thank you Zart."

"Don't thank me. It was all that shank," he said pointing to me.

Directly to me, she said, "thanks (Y/N)."

"Of course. Just make sure to save me some grapes when you're done." We shared a kind smile.

In an attempt to use our glader terms, she said, "will do— or good that."

Newt laced our fingers as we left the council hall to have our final meal for the day. We grabbed our food and took our places at our table and waited for the only other Glade couple, even if they weren't technically official.

"How are you love?" He asked as I curled my legs over his, his hand running up and down them. We would naturally sit like this (leaving no space between us) and the boys just knew that. They knew Newt and I were inseparable and it didn't seem to faze them anymore.

"I'm fine because I get to spend all my days with you," I said rubbing his hand with my index finger. "How are you?"

Pecking a kiss to my cheek, he grinned, "I'm fine. Just wanted to check up on my girl."

"Gross," Zart groaned as he took a seat across from us. "You two get a room."

"We will later," Newt smirked, causing me to elbow him lightly in the stomach.

"Hey (Y/N)?" Bea spoke softly.

I looked to her and smiled before saying "yes."

"Could we—we umm talk?" She looked extremely nervous.

"Yeah of course. Excuse us boys," I said as she jumped up and pulled me towards the open field by the gardens and the maze entrance although now it was sealed. "Is everything okay?"

Burying her face in her hands, she blurted out, "I think I want to be with Zart!"

Gasping slightly at the news, I cooed a few times. "Aww Bea! You two would be so adorable."

She lifted her head from her hands. "Really? Okay then should I tell him?"

"Yes you should. Don't be nervous honey. I know he likes you so he'll definitely like what you're saying." She quickly pulled me in for a hug and stood like that for a while. "Thank you Bea. You had no idea how much you've helped me just by being here."

Laughing she continued saying, "Thank you too. Without you, I don't know how I could have survived with these boys." 

"Oh you would have made it. I did," I giggled a little, linking our arms and walking back to the table. Newt and Zart were in their own conversation that abruptly stopped when we arrived.

"Hey boys. Watcha talking about?" Bea asked sitting beside Zart.

"Nothing," Zart said all too quickly.