Chapter 19

I woke up earlier than Newt for some reason this morning but felt him still lying sound asleep under me. He had somewhere in the night pulled me over him completely, bringing me absolute warmth.

For a while, I just stared at him, memorizing every freckle and curve on his beautiful porcelain skin. A few minutes later, I wanted him awake. I leaned forward and gently left kisses on his cheek before trailing them down to the corners of his lips. I softly touched his lips and let the kisses linger so to better wake him.

He stirred under me lightly before, with his eyes remaining closed, kissed me back. We shared a passionate kiss before we both opened our eyes. His hair was fluffier and tangled like usual but it only made him look cuter, especially in the glowing orange light casted in the room.

"I wish I could wake up like that everyday," he smirked. I rested my head back on his chest and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"But I much more enjoy it when you're awake," I giggled. "Where are you working today?"

"Why? Do you want me to work with you, love?" He asked. I sat up and let him follow. We leaned against the two pillows on the bed with his arms around me.

"Could you?" I felt a little weird today after talking to Thomas about the maze and I knew we were short in the gardens anyway.

"Of course. Anything to spend time with you." We kissed again for a few minutes before agreeing to get up and get dressed.

Another few minutes were spent kissing as he sat on the edge of the bed and I stood between his legs. My hands were curled in his hair while his played with my waist.

"We have to go, love," he panted once we broke the kiss.

"Thank you for staying with me." He pulled me into his lap for a tight hug.

"Anytime, darling." We kissed again before getting up and walking with laced fingers to the kitchens.

We grabbed food and sat down together across from Minho and Ben who were both already almost finished with their meals.

"Morning lovebirds," Minho greeted us before digging into his food. I turned to my right where Alby had been walking the greenie to the wall of names for his to be carved in like the rest of ours. He was one of us now.

"Guys be careful today," I said looking back at the two runners.

"Aren't we always?" Ben snickered and rolled his eyes.

"Today just feels off. Please promise me you'll be extra careful," I begged. Newt slipped his arm around my waist and pulled me lightly into him.

"I promise, princess." Minho teased before continuing to scarf down the rest of his food.

We ate in silence like usual, just enjoying the company of the other gladers. Most of the other boys had been moseying to their tables and soon enough, most of the seats were filled. I don't know why but I had a weird feeling about the maze today.

"Ready shank?" Minho asked looking to Ben.

"Aren't I always?" The boys chuckled before saying goodbyes and jogging to the sealed doors. The second they made it, the doors slid open like an automatic door.

"You alright, love?" Newt questioned. I rested my head on his shoulder and tried calming myself of nerves.

"Yeah. Something's just... off," I whispered, feeling Newt shift in the seat so he could put his arm around my shoulders. I snuggled into him as he finished eating.

Alby and Thomas suddenly made an appearance when they took the empty seats Minho and Ben were just in. We welcomed them with smiles which they happily returned. I decided now to start eating my small meal in hopes to give Newt the rest.