chapter ten

CHAPTER TEN

Olivia's perspective on Derek Hale recently changed after she heard his story along with Stiles and Cora from Peter

Olivia's perspective on Derek Hale recently changed after she heard his story along with Stiles and Cora from Peter. Days prior to now, he explained to them who Paige was. Apparently, in his high school years, Derek was in love with a girl named Paige and tried turning her so they could be together for a long time. Sadly, the bite didn't work on her, and she died in Derek's arms. Olivia couldn't imagine the pain Derek must've felt that night and she stopped judging him for being so serious all the time.

Today, Olivia and Lydia had experienced the same sensations they felt the night of finding the dead body at the pool, bringing them to where they were now. Olivia had called Stiles on the way, who then notified Scott. Lydia, herself had called Allison is currently stood with them.

Seeing Scott's motorcycle and Stiles'Jeep pull into the parking lot in sync, the girls walked over to meet them.

"Lydia? Olivia?" Stiles and Scott met them half way.

"It's the same thing. Same thing as the pool. I got into the car heading somewhere totally different, and ended up here. Somehow, Olivia must've felt me and she ended up finding me here. And you told me to call you if I find a dead body- well, Olivia called you."

"You found a dead body?"

"Not yet."

"Not yet? What do you mean not yet? You guys are supposed to call us after you find a dead body."

"Stiles, how about you try and find the dead body from now on, huh?" Olivia glared at him.

"How are we supposed to find the dead body? You're always the one finding the dead body." He argued back.

"Guys. If the old married couple is done done fighting, then you should know I found  the dead body." Scott stared at the dead deputy, laid on top of the stone with the words 'Beacon Hills High' written across it.

...

"Idioms, analogies, metaphors, and smilies, all tools the writer uses to tell their story." Ms. Blake stopped beside Lydia's desk, looking at the tree she was drawing and the tree stump Olivia was drawing in the desk in front of her.

"I didn't know the Martin sisters had so many hidden talents." Both girls looked up to their teacher seeing her staring at the drawing they had been creating. Olivia turned in her chair, furrowing her brows once seeing Lydia's looked pretty similar to hers.

"You and every guy I've ever dated. I'm pretty sure I can say the same about Olivia."

"Oh, uh, well, that was an idiom by the way." Ms. Blake sighed, continuing to walk forward.

"Idioms are something of a secret to the people who know the language or the culture. They're phrases that only make sense  if you know the key words. Saying 'jump the gun' is meaningful only if you know about the starting gun in a race, or a phrase like 'seeing the whole board'."