chapter twenty five

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

   To say Olivia was overwhelmed was an understatement

To say Olivia was overwhelmed was an understatement. After being released from the Nogitsune's "trance" Deaton had explained the extent of its control over her and how he can use their soulmate connection to make her his own personal sidekick, without her even knowing. When Stiles woke up being the real Stiles, they had come to a decision; one that was not the most endearing, however Olivia and Stiles knew it had to be done in order to keep their loved ones safe.

Currently, Olivia sat in the backseat of the Sheriff's car, him and Stiles in the front. She had not said a single world the whole ride, her knees up to her chest as she watched the passing buildings and tress out the window. The front of the car's occupants just as quiet.

The Toyota slowly pulled to a stop in front of a dark building with a large gate surrounding it. Olivia watched as the father and son looked at each other before getting out of the car. She could see Stiles looking at her from the outside. She took a deep breath before opening the car door and carefully stepping out. She walked forward a couple steps to catch up with Stiles. The two looked a each other, exchanging a glance, then looked at the spelling on the gate, which read,

Eichen House

Olivia furrowed her brows as she heard the sound of an engine from behind them, she turned around, along with Stiles and Noah. Her hand went up to her eyes as a bright light became closer, dropping it as the motorcycle turned off.

Scott got off, taking off his helmet, as he approached the three.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He looked at the adult and teens before him, the first person to talk in what felt like hours.

"Because we wanted to avoid something like this." Olivia looked at the sheriff before looking down.

"It's only 72 hours."

"This is the same place where Barrow came from. The guy who had a tumor in him filled with flies. You don't know everything yet."

"Exactly Scott. No one knows when it will return and who'll get hurt." Olivia spoke for the first time since she said goodbye to her mother and sister.

"I know enough." The Sheriff began, "The Nogitsune, oni... whatever they're called."

Stiles rose his eyebrows, looking to his father, "Wow that was all surprisingly correct."

"Scott I saw and MRI that looked exactly like my wife's. And it terrifies me. I'm heading down to LA tomorrow to talk to a specialist."

"Then why are you putting them in there-"

"He's not." Olivia butted in, shaking her head.

"It was our decision." Stiles finished.

"Stiles, Olivia. I can't help you guys when you're in here."