chapter twenty three

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

   Scott's slumber was interrupted by the sound of his ringtone

Scott's slumber was interrupted by the sound of his ringtone. The late night call from Stiles surprised him. Something had to be wrong.

"Hey, man. What's up?" Scott answered the phone. He was answered by silence.

"Stiles?" He grew nervous as the only sound he could now hear was heavy breathing. "Stiles, you there?"

The nervous whispering rang through his ears, "Scott?" He trembles as the name fell through his lips. Hearing the state Stiles was in, Scott sat up.

"Hey, I'm here. Are you okay? Can you hear me?"

"I don't know where I am. I don't know how I got here. I- I can see Olivia. She's here to, but...but she's not awake." Scott was confused to hear that Olivia was with him, due to him only being able to hear one heartbeat over the line. There's no way she could actually be there...

"I think I was sleepwalking." The alpha tried to think of what do do, how to save his friend.

"Okay, um... Can you see anything? Just tell me what you see."

"Ahh, it's dark. It's hard to see. I think there's something wrong with my-" The line abruptly disconnected, causing Scott to panic. He took the phone away from his ear, seeing the call ended. He pressed the call back button, holding it back up to his ear. He stood up from his bed, pacing around his room.

"Hey..." Relief flooded through Scott as the sound of his best friend's voice rang through his ears again.

"Stiles?"

"This is Stiles and you missed me. Leave a message." He sighed, ending the call. The McCall thought back to when Stiles mentioned Olivia being with him. The alpha quickly pulled up her contact, pressing call.

The line rang for a while, the alpha about to give up. However, he put the phone back up to his ear as he heard her picking up.

"Scott?" Her voice quivered. She sounded terrified.

"Olivia? Olivia!-"

"Scott, I don't know where I am. I'm with Stiles." Once again, the alpha only heard one heartbeat. However, this time Olivia's.

"We don't think we can get out of here Scott. Neither of us can move."

"Where are you guys?"

"I don't know." She trembled, Scott could hear as she began to cry. "It's two dark. Neither of us can make anything out. Something... Something is caught on Stiles's leg. Scott, my body feels weak. I can barely move, I don't know what's happening."

"Olivia, are you sure you're with Stiles? I only hear one heartbeat."

"Scott, he's right next to me. I'm holding his hand." Before he could respond, Olivia began to freak out, "He thinks he's bleeding Scott. I can't do anything about it, what if it's bad?"