chapter sixteen

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Olivia's once peaceful sleep quickly turned into a panicked one

Olivia's once peaceful sleep quickly turned into a panicked one. She had gone to bed several hours earlier, wanting to get rest before school in the morning after being so sleep deprived of the raucous in Beacon Hills. 

Her sleep was filled with peaceful and calming dreams all up until this current moment. The feeling of panic flowed throughout her body, causing her to toss and turn. She began to kick at nothing, sending all blankets to the floor and her sheets to be pulled out of their place under the mattress. 

Suddenly everything stopped. The last thing to occur before she woke up was for one word, or name rather, to flow through her brain. Stiles.

Suddenly, Olivia's eyes shot open wide, and she immediately shot up out of bed, screaming. Tears streamed down her face as she sobbed uncontrollably in her bed. Suddenly, her bedroom door shot open, Lydia sprinting over to comfort her sister after reassuring her mother she'd do it.

"Hey, shh. It's okay. You're okay. What's wrong?" Lydia wrapped her arms around her sister's shaking frame.

"It's Stiles. I have to go. I- I have to go." Lydia watched as her sister jumped out of bed, throwing on a pair of Ugg slippers and a cardigan. 

"Wait, where are you going?"

"To Stiles house. Don't worry, just go back to sleep everything's fine." Olivia grabbed her backpack for school the next day, running out of her room. Lydia watched as her sister ran out the door, getting in her car, and speeding out of the driveway.

Olivia's thumb tapped the steering wheel at a quick pace the whole car ride to Stiles' house. Her anxiety levels were high, and the feeling of panic- well, Stiles' panic, only increased. As soon as she pulled into the Stilinski household driveway, she pulled out her keys rushed to the door. She didn't even think about knocking as she barged into the surprisingly unlocked door, B-lining to Stiles room. Even if she had no clue where his bedroom resided, anyone could easily figure it out by following the intense screams and cries, which immediately made her heart shatter.

As she got to the bedroom, she stood by the door, staring at what was in front of her. Stiles was on his bed screaming, his eyes clenched shut with his father grabbing ahold of him in an attempt to soothe his son. The sheriff looked up, his eyes connecting with the broken girl standing by the door. His eyes softened and he motioned for her to come forward, not even questioning- or minding for that matter- why or how she was here. Olivia slowly walked towards the two men, Stiles not even noticing she was here. The sheriff slowly got up, letting Olivia take his place. Stiles' eyes shot open, his head quickly turning, making eye contact with Olivia. He slowly calmed down, his cries fading, his screams stopping. Olivia wrapped her arms around him tighter, causing Stiles to bury his head in her shoulder.

Noah Stilinski watched as his son calmed down right as he made contact with Olivia, a small smile gracing his face. It was indeed the contact between soulmates that balanced him out.