chapter twenty four

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

   After her recovery, Olivia had been discharged from the hospital, no recollection of the run in she had with Kira's mother and "Stiles"

   Natalie tried to convince her daughter that there was no reason for her to attend school that day and that it would have been perfectly fine if she stayed home. After finding out what had happened, Natalie clung to Olivia, not wanting to leave her side. Olivia reassured her that she was totally fine. The reality was that she needed a distraction. Stiles was missing and no one had any idea where he had gone off too. Apparently, he had been possessed by some weird fox creature called the Nogitsune and it made Olivia restless.

  She arrived to school with Lydia this morning, however they separated as soon as the bell rung. Making her way to her first class, Olivia abruptly stopped as a strange feeling rang over her. She looked over her shoulders and around her, noticing nothing out of the ordinary. A name clung in her mind, one she was very familiar with...Stiles. However, it didn't feel normal.

   He was in the building and Olivia could just... feel it. She began to walk, no certain destination in her mind. She let her feet take over as she made her way done multiple hallways. She pulled out her phone, dialing Scott's number.

"Olivia?"

"Scott? Something's off. Where are you?"

"I just left the locker room with Ethan and Aiden. There's this weird sound ringing... Like Argent's emitter..." Scott trailed off as he turned around to see Olivia approaching. Catching up with the three boys, she ended the call.

"The sound. It's coming from the basement." Olivia took a breath. That's where she was being drawn to.

The four teens ran down the stairs, stopping in place as they found a familiar back facing the wall. Stiles, looked up, turning around, the emitter in his hand.

"Okay, I know what you guys are thinking, but it's me. I swear to God, it's me." From behind her, the twins eyes illuminated blue, their fangs protruding. They ran towards Stiles, making Olivia's eyes go wide.

  The emitter fell from Stiles's hand as they grabbed him by the neck, hoisting him in the air and cutting off his oxygen supply.

"Wait, stop!" Scott and Olivia ran after them. "Aiden, please stop! You're hurting him." Tears welled in Olivia's eyes as she tried to pull his shoulder back. Scott took over by flinging Ethan into the lockers behind them, planning to help out Olivia by doing the same to Aiden next. Before he could, Aiden dropped Stiles and flashed his eyes in fangs at Scott. Olivia dropped to her knees by Stiles. She placed her delicate hands on his cheeks to see his face.

   Scott flashed his red eyes at Aiden, roaring loudly to show his dominance. Aiden backed down. Olivia helped Stiles stand. Even if it was still the Nogitsune she would always help him out of habit.