chapter seventeen

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Olivia picked up Allison's bow, handing it to her as Lydia pinned up the target

"Do you really think this is going to help?"

"I know that if you think it's not going to help, it definitely won't." Lydia stood to the other side of Allison, rubbing her hands together.

"So get your head into it! Shoot a few and see what happens."

"Just find that part of you that knows you can do it." Olivia tried to help, but she never was a very consoling person.

Allison lifted the bow, aiming it at the target. She slowly pulled back the string, then let the arrow loose. However, it landed on the ground, sticking to the dirt and rocks.

Sighing, she picked up another arrow, doing the same thing. The arrow landed near the first one.

"Maybe... try holding the string a different way. Try the Mongolian draw."

Allison and Olivia turned to Lydia. "What? I read. Try it."

"And if that doesn't work, I'll bring us out for smoothies... or milkshakes I don't need to be poisoned with fruit."

Lydia rolled her eyes at her sister. Allison picked up another arrow, tilting the bow. It didn't work.

"Okay, um... Take a second to close your eyes and imagine the arrow going into the target."

Allison closed her eyes, trying what Lydia said. As they fluttered open, she jumped.

"Did you see that?"

"See what?" Olivia followed Allison's eyes, only seeing an empty forest.

Allison picked up her quiver. "Wait here."

"Are you serious?"

"I'll be right back."

"Says every person in a horror movie ever." Olivia grumbled, causing her sister to glare at her.

"What?" Lydia shook her head as Allison walked away.

After a few minutes went by, Olivia rolled her eyes. "Fuck this." She began to walk into the direction Allison went.

"Olivia! Where are you going, don't leave me here!"

"To find Allison, come on." Olivia pulled out her pocket knife.