The Search For a Stranger

Date: 2-19-17

Chapter 20: The Search For a Stranger

Lucas sits in his room listening to music when everyone leaves. Lena said she had to go check up on Ivie, but she promised to come back soon so they can discuss what to do about Ivie tonight when she's vine girl.

Lucas sits for hours trying to figure out a plan, but his mind keeps wandering to the mysterious werewolf, Adrian. He seems more experienced then Lucas and Mason, so they need to find him.

If Lucas can find Adrian, he can ask for help. Maybe they'll get a few questions answered about what they can do as werewolves.

Lucas finally gets a clue when John texts him at 4:23 pm.

"Someone just moved into the house for sale down the street from me." John's text reads.

Lucas replies immediately. "Do you know who it is?"

John answers, "Nope. Do you? Have you met anyone new?"

Lucas feels bad about lying to his friend, but he doesn't want to tell John how he met someone new just the other night. "No."

When Lucas rushes into the living room to explain his discovery, he sees that Lena did come back like she promised. Jerica and Lena are sitting on the couch and Mason lounging in the armchair.

"There you are." Lena says with a smile.

"We thought you'd leave us out of the plan since you never came back." Jerica adds as Lena frowns at her.

"I think I know where to find Adrian." Lucas announces presently.

Jerica jumps up and exclaims, "Really? We have a lead!" She sounds very excited. "Where is he?" Jerica demands to know.

Lucas explains quickly. "I said I think, not I know. But John said someone moved into that house that's been for sale for months. The house down the street from him."

~*~

Ivie shows up unexpected at Vanessa and Selynn's house. The front door has a cute homemade sign hanging on it with Vanessa and Selynn's last name, written in fancy script. "Delaney." The sign says.

"Oh hey Ivie. What's up?" Vanessa says as she opens the door.

"I want to go somewhere fun. Let's go to the river and swim." Ivie grins before adding, "Maybe even go on the rope swing this time."

Vanessa stands frozen for a moment, wondering what's gotten into Ivie. Then she opens the door wider to let Ivie inside. "Last time I checked you wouldn't go anywhere near the rope swing." Vanessa says, making her tone teasing.

Ivie shrugs and flops happily onto the couch. It's much nicer than the couch at her house. Everything in the Delaney's home is nicer than at the Sterling's home.

"I want to try it now. It sounds exciting!" Ivie explains to Vanessa.

"Well my parents aren't home, so I don't know if we can go out." Vanessa says apologetically. She usually follows her parents' rules, since they're not that strict.

"So? If they're not here then let's go." Ivie says defiantly. Vanessa gives Ivie a confused look.

"You want to risk us getting in trouble?" Vanessa questions.