New Level of Weird

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
Date 3-16-17

The picture above is something I found that I think is cute for what Lena and Lucas are like as a couple :)

---------------------------------------------

Chapter 51: New Level of Weird

When Ivie finally gets away from Adrian and readies herself for bed, she's not surprised that her last thought is of Adrian.

~*~

The next day when Lena awakes she goes to check on Ivie. On Lena's way up the stairs, she can't help but remember her encounter with Lucas last night.

"Lucas! Are you okay? What happened?" Lena doesn't care that she looks ridiculous jumping into Lucas' arms. He only stumbles back one step when she crashes into him and throws her arms around his neck.

Lucas wraps his arms around Lena and she sinks into his warmth. Lena loves that Lucas has werewolf warmth to make her feel safe.

"I'm fine." Lucas exclaims with a laugh. Lena sighs and rests her forehead on his shoulder.

"Adrian fixed Ivie. He got her to turn back from vine girl. She gained control." Lucas says with glee. He knows how much this means to Lena.

"Really?" Lena pulls back enough to see Lucas' face, but keeps her hands resting at the back of his neck.

"Yes." Lucas breathes.

Lena goes slightly up on her tiptoes to kiss Lucas gently. Lena is so relieved that he came back safe and Ivie is going to be okay.

Lucas' arms tighten on Lena's back when she doesn't cut off the kiss immediately.

Nothing more happened then that kids, but Lena still wonders if they're moving too fast. She's only gone on one date with Lucas.

But Lena decides she doesn't care if they're moving too fast. It's their relationship, so they can do what they want.

Lena smiles to herself as she knocks on Ivie's door. Ivie doesn't answer. Lena opens the door and sees Ivie isn't in there.

Lena checks and sees Ivie's not downstairs either. "I'm going to have to text her." Lena mutters to herself.

~*~

Ivie just finished telling her best friends Vanessa and Selynn what happened last night when her phone buzzes. It's Lena.

"Where are you?" The text from Lena says.

"At V&S house." Ivie responds quickly. Lena always worries about her.

Ivie may have changed a lot since her transformation into vine girl, but Lena's overprotectiveness has always been annoying.

"Ok. Did you tell them the secret?" Lena asks vaguely.

"No." Ivie lies through her phone. Who knew two little letters could have such an impact on your conscience? Lies build up, Ivie knows this, but she lies anyway. Oh well. Ivie just shrugs it off.

"Still lying to Lena?" Selynn asks.

"Are you judging?" Ivie teases back.

"Nope. Just wondering so I don't say anything about the supernatural around her." Selynn responds truthfully. She has no intention of ratting out Ivie.