The Doctor Knows Best

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
Date 3-24-17

Anyone else like the show Doctor Who?

I also like Teen Wolf, Vampire Diaries, Shadowhunters, iZombie, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and Angel!

And did any of you see the show that only aired for one season a few years ago called Believe? It was a good show.

Sorry this chapter is short.

Word Count: 1342

Now on to the story!

--------------------------------

Chapter 64: The Doctor Knows Best

Mason's heart monitor starts beeping again when he starts yelling because the nurse was yelling. John seemed to just stare at them from his seat.

"Mason!" Lucas calls out to get his brothers attention. The nurse has one hand over her heart as an attempt to slow its beating, which Lucas can hear loud and clear.

Lucas' heightened senses have gone into overtime and everything is overwhelming.

No one is yelling anymore, fortunately for Lucas, but he can hear everyone's hearts racing. Except for John's heart, his is slow and steady. How could John be so calm right now?

"You shouldn't be awake!" The nurse exclaims, before realizing she needs to get a hold of herself. She regains her composure and speaks again.

"What did you do to cause this?" She asks, looking to Lucas, Lena, and Jerica.

She barely gives John a second glance. Lucas wonders why she isn't blaming him, when he's the one who did it all. Not that Lucas wants John in trouble.

No one answers the nurse, instead they stare wide eyed at Mason, who is awake and sitting up confused.

Lucas rushes over to his brother before the nurse can stop him, pulling Mason into a tight embrace.

The nurse seems to allow it, since no one is pulling Lucas away from Mason.

Lucas takes a deep breath, inhaling his twin's scent for comfort. Mason is really awake.

Lucas tenses up when he feels something is off. Mason smells different than Lucas remembers.

It's not because Mason hasn't showered in awhile, because duh he's been immobilized for eight days. But it's something else, like Mason's smell is different.

Then Lucas remembers that his senses have been heightened since the last time Mason was awake. Of course Mason smells different.

Lucas relaxes and finally lets Mason out of his strong grip. Lucas realizes sadly that he's stronger than his brother.

Mason hasn't shifted into a wolf yet, so he's still stuck at where Lucas was. Mason's senses are better than a human's, but not as good as Lucas has now.

Lucas feels a hand grab his own, and by the softness and familiarness Lucas knows it's Lena's hand.

Lucas looks over and, sure enough, Lena is standing next to him with a smile. "Nice to see you again, Mason." Lena says with a grin.

Mason nods once, opting not to speak yet. Lucas wonders if Mason is okay. He didn't even ask yet.

Lucas opens his mouth to do just that when he suddenly hears voices. Lucas turns his head to see his doctor and a few nurses arguing with Jerica. Uh oh.