Overprotective of Opinions

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
Date 3-20-17

The picture for this chapter is a vial of blood, and it's referencing what Adrian reveals at the very end of this chapter.

I hope you enjoy this (longer than usual) chapter!

Word Count: 2271

---------------------------------

Chapter 59: Overprotective of Opinions

Adrian wonders if he should feel bad for being happy when others are suffering. It's not his fault that other people are hurting, so should Adrian feel good because he's happy?

The whole thing confuses Adrian, so he chooses to ignore it and remain happy with his life.

Yes, Adrian still has a lot of problems on his plate, but he has a lot to be glad about.

First of all, he went to the Cloud World to get his payment for killing the rogue Alpha werewolf, Matthew Ellington.

Since Adrian doesn't trust the banks in the human world, he deposits his money in his Cloud World bank account.

Then Adrian heads to Ivie's house with a bounce in his step, ready to finally step up and talk to her.

"Will you go out with me?" Adrian asks as soon as Ivie opens the door. She stands in shock for a moment.

"What?" Ivie replies, standing in the doorway in flannel pajamas and a messy ponytail. Adrian finds this adorable.

"I said will you go out with me?" Adrian repeats before adding, "On a date. So I can call you my girlfriend and we can get to know each other better."

"I know what you meant." Ivie says slowly, still trying to process everything.

"You know, since I jumped the gun and kissed you a couple of days ago." Adrian says with a grin, not embarrassed in the slightest.

"I remember." Ivie says before she thinks about the words leaving her mouth.

Ivie mentally kicks herself. Now Adrian thinks Ivie's been obsessing over that kiss. Which she hasn't been. And even if she had been, she wouldn't tell anyone.

Adrian stares at Ivie for a full minute before she remembers what he had asked.

"Um, I don't know Adrian. Now's not really the best time for me..." Ivie tells him the truth.

Ivie hasn't changed into vine girl since the night that Adrian convinced her to change back.

Every night, Ivie lays in bed for hours remembering what Adrian said to her and worrying she'll change again. But she doesn't.

"I understand." Adrian says with a hint of a smile, though his eyes show he's completely serious.

"You do?" Ivie questions. Who knew someone could be so calm after being shot down.

"Yeah. I've had a lot going on too, if you didn't notice." Adrian's tone isn't bitter like Ivie expects. She's always associated bitterness with the words "if you didn't notice."

Adrian continues on talking to Ivie, interrupting her thoughts. "Which is why I need to unwind a bit. Let the pressure of life drift away. Be happy for once." This time, on that last sentence, Adrian's voice comes out slightly bitter.

"I think I deserve an inkling of happiness. And you do too." Adrian finishes with a flourish, as if he made a grand speech.

Ivie is left speechless once again. And Ivie hates being speechless. It makes Ivie feel powerless against the person who rendered her unable to talk.