Practically Royalty

Date: 2-24-17

Chapter 31: Practically Royalty

Adrian enters Lucas and Mason's house in search of Mason. Adrian hears the clicking of buttons on a remote, and it leads him to a closed bedroom door.

Mason pauses the game he's playing on his Xbox 360 and goes to the door. Mason takes a sniff of the air, in case it isn't Lucas like he thinks. Mason doesn't know who it is, but he recognizes the smell of the person and he knows it isn't Lucas or Jerica.

Mason opens the door cautiously. "Adrian?" Mason forgets to veil his tone so Adrian doesn't hear the surprise.

"You didn't recognize my smell?" Adrian asks with a smirk. "I mean, I smell pretty good. It's an unforgettable thing."

"What are you doing here?" Mason questions Adrian while he crosses his arms and stands defensively in the doorway.

"Hanging out with Lucas." Adrian keeps talking when Mason gives him a bewildered look. "You're twin brother. Remember him?"

"Yes, I remember him! Why would I forget my brother?" Adrian rolls his eyes and leans against the door frame.

"I was being sarcastic, Mason." Adrian says in exasperation. Adrian would rather being talking to Lucas, even though he doesn't exactly like Lucas. At least Lucas is somewhat smart, unlike Mason.

Mason huffs and opens his mouth to respond, but Adrian intercepts Mason just in time. "Anyway, we need to talk."

"Okay." Mason says in a mistreating tone, which makes Adrian wonder why people don't trust him. Who is he kidding? Adrian knows exactly why he's not trusted.

Adrian grins and backs up into the hallway. "I bet I can beat you to my house. You know where it is?" Adrian asks with a tilt of his head before taking off, not waiting for an answer. Adrian figures that Lucas mentioned it at some point.

Adrian knows Mason will take the bait because he's not the brightest person. Mason's all about his pride, or so Adrian's heard. Adrian wonders why the Alpha he's supposed to be hunting chose Mason. Lucas has a spark of potential inside of him, but Mason? Not so much.

Adrian is leading Mason away from this house for their chat because there's a big possibility that Lucas will hear. He's catching on quickly to his werewolf senses. Mason... again, not so much.

Adrian hopes to get information from Mason, since he's more likely to spill without any worries. Hopefully.

Adrian reaches his house first, obviously, since he's way more powerful and faster than Mason will ever be. Adrian can outrun anyone, even full grown experienced werewolves. He's just that fast.

Mason is only a minute behind Adrian, which is good because Adrian didn't feel like waiting much longer than that.

Adrian lets Mason inside, then they head into the living room. Adrian leans against the wall while Mason sits down on the couch.

"So why do you wanna talk to me?" Mason asks, sounding curious and not concerned. That's good for Adrian. No concern equals no worries.

"I wanted to ask you how you're doing with being a werewolf. Like, are you being careful?" Adrian questions Mason nonchalantly.

The way Adrian is letting the wall hold him up and the way his whole body is relaxed is a technique to make sure Mason sees no threat. Adrian is a master at deception and he knows it.

"Yeah, I'm being careful. When I get angry I leave the room so I don't hurt people." Mason answers, shifting in his seat a little.

Adrian immediately notices the movement. This is just another thing that Adrian has mastered throughout the years. Adrian can interpret body movements. So, Adrian can tell that Mason is getting slightly uneasy.