Cares in Code

Date: 2-28-17

Chapter 36: Cares in Code

"What do you mean, John doesn't have any sisters?" Lena says suddenly to break up the silence.

"He has two younger sisters. One is a year younger than him and the other is two years younger than him." Lena says, as if knowing these facts will convince Adrian that he's wrong.

"Well, if that's true then his family has been hiding them. I guess we'll just have to find out." Adrian says with a shrug.

Lucas is pretty sure that this is the first time that he's ever known Adrian to be wrong. There's no way that this doesn't bother Adrian.

But Adrian isn't showing any signs of discomfort, so Lucas decides to just let it go and focus back on the conversation at hand.

"I may have a way to find out the truth on that, but first, my plan." Adrian says with a pause, waiting for someone to speak up.

"Plan?" Lucas asks with a sigh, not bothering to waste any more words than that.

"I'm glad you asked!" Adrian says with a very sarcastic sneer. "But I was going to tell you anyway."

Before anyone could retort something to get back as Adrian, he started talking again. "So, I want you to invite Johnathon to that teen club in town tomorrow at 4 pm."

"And why would I do that?" Lucas questions Adrian suspiciously. He doesn't want to endanger John any more then he already has.

"Don't worry, it's just to talk. I want to get a little more information about him before I decide what to do in the end." Adrian explains like that'll fix everything and make Lucas trust him.

Just so you know, it's not working on Lucas.

Lucas raises an eyebrow at Adrian to convey his want for answers. "Okay. So you just get him over there and tell him you miss him, you wanna hang out, whatever." Adrian waves his hand dismissively in the air to show that he doesn't care how that gets done.

Adrian continues on in a bored tone. "Then you tell him that your cousin is in town and he wants to meet your friends. Sorry, friend." Adrian says this with an emphasis that's obviously supposed to be rude.

Lucas frowns at Adrian but decided to ignore his comment. Lucas has friends at school from the football team, he just doesn't hang out with them unless it's an after party for a game.

"I don't have any cousins. John knows that." Lucas argues with Adrian.

Adrian grins in a sinister way and replies, "Tell him your cousin's from the wrong side of the family." Lucas can't disagree with that idea because Adrian certainly could be that kind of guy.

"Fine. But what are we going to do when John gets there?" Lucas questions anxiously, trying to keep his eyes from glowing in frustration and what Lucas thinks of as "protection mode."

"You don't need the details. I'll take care of it." Adrian glares at Lucas, practically daring him to challenge that.

Lucas opens his mouth to do just that when Monique walks in with Ivie, distracting everyone.

"Adrian! Don't tell me you're trying to leave me out of the plan!" Monique says sternly.

Adrian rolls his eyes dramatically at his younger sister. Of course she was listening. Adrian expected that.

"This could potentially be dangerous. I don't need you there in the way if something happens." Adrian says with his eyes narrowed, but there's no negative emotions in his eyes.