Sob Stories & Concocted Drinks

Date: 3-5-17

Chapter 41: Sob Stories and Concocted Drinks

"There you guys are! I thought you might not show." Adrian says sarcastically as he walks up to Lucas.

Lena crosses her arms defensively, Jerica smiled flirtatiously at Adrian, and Mason states off at nothing. Typical.

Monique comes up beside Adrian and notices the tension in the air.

"Hey everyone. Sorry about all of this, but Adrian does what he wants." Monique says it like Adrian isn't standing right there.

Lucas feels bad for Monique having to live with Adrian. Then he wonders if Monique really cares about anyone but herself and her brother. She could be faking it to get on their good side.

"Let's just get it over with. Then we can figure out what to do about Ivie." Lucas hints at Adrian, hoping he gets that Adrian needs to be helping more with that.

"It's 4 pm. Where is he?" Adrian asks accusingly.

Lucas glances around. "He said he'd be here." Lucas looks around to avoid looking at Adrian and to look for John.

"There he is." Jerica says excitedly, looking at Adrian to see if he noticed that helped. Adrian doesn't even glance at Jerica.

Lucas and Lena turn to see that John just walked in with Evie and Alisa close behind. Lucas' mouth goes dry from nerves as he wonders what Adrian will do with Evie and Alisa here too. They weren't part of the plan and they weren't supposed to be here.

"Hey." John says when he and his younger sisters reach them. John gets a bad feeling seeing Lucas' "cousins" that he's never heard of. Is Lucas setting him up? That's why he brought his sisters as backup.

"Hey." Mason says with a big smile, clapping John in the back in greeting.

"It's okay that my sisters tagged along, right?" John says with an easy smile like he's relaxed. But really, John feels wound up tighter than a wind up toy.

"They wanted out of the house." John adds, even though that's only partially true.

"That's fine." Lucas replied instantly. He doesn't look into John's eyes for more than a second.

John reminds himself that he needs to watch what he says. John's heard rumors that werewolves can tell when you lie, but he doesn't know how.

John has grow up in a supernatural family, but their focus was on magic training, not werewolf fun facts.

"John, these are my cousins that I told you about." Lucas speaks up when no one else does.

"This is Adrian and Monique." Lucas gestures to them.

"Nice to meet you. I'm John, Lucas' best friend." John sticks his hand out politely for a handshake.

Adrian shakes John's hand, grasping it firmly. John notes the strength and sees the muscles hidden under Adrian's shirt. John sees that Adrian is strong, but not an overly big guy.

John also sends his magic to his hand in the seconds they're shaking hands. This allows John to sense if Adrian has magic or not. It doesn't affect Adrian at all, and he shouldn't notice it either.

But Adrian does notice it. He smells the slightest of magic and knows this is the Johnathon that he thought. Adrian lets go of John's hand, doing nothing to indicate that he smelled magic.

John now knows Adrian doesn't have magic, so he moves on with the introductions. "This is my sister Genevieve." John points to Evie.

"Please, call me Evie." Evie tells Adrian as she shakes his hand.