Fearless! Or Maybe Not...

AUTHOR'S NOTE*
Date: 3-4-17

Hey everyone! I'm sorry I haven't been publishing anything on my story. I had to get a new phone and it took awhile.

In case anyone read my earlier comment about the choir contest I went to today, it went great!

I got a 1 on my solos and group songs! In case you don't know, a 1 is the highest ranking you can get in choir.

Now on to Chapter 39! Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow me!

Thanks my lovely readers 😉
---------------------------------------------

Chapter 39: Fearless! Or Maybe Not...

"I want you to leave and stop bothering us." Adrian says with a snarl to vine girl. Monique stands back to avoid vine girl in case she decides to attack.

"Fine! Ruin my fun!" She spits out, scrambling up and away from Adrian, showing fear once again. Adrian didn't think vine girl could feel fear because she hadn't shown any before he threatened to kill her.

Adrian takes a menacing step forward and vine girl runs off, quickly disappearing into the woods. "Well that was easy." Adrian says with a triumphant smile.

"Easy?" Monique exclaims. "None of that was easy!" Monique shouts frustrated at Adrian.

"We got an answer, didn't we? Ivie can reverse the damage." Adrian says with a shrug, as if it's that simple.

"I talked with Ivie, Adrian." Monique says with her arms crossed. "She likes the new her. Someone has to convince her otherwise."

"Oh. Well I'll talk to her." Adrian suggests.

"How would that help? I can talk to her. We're supposed to hang out tomorrow." Monique argues.

Just then Adrian hears running footsteps coming closer. "Shhh!" Adrian hisses quietly and pulls Monique behind a tree. They crouch so it's less obvious where they're hiding.

The footsteps stop while Adrian holds his breath. "I know you're here Adrian." A voice calls out.

Adrian makes a gesture that means Monique needs to stay, then he steps away from their hiding place.

"Lucas. What a big surprise." Adrian says sarcastically. "Where's the rest of your gang?"

"Obviously not here." Lucas replies, looking around as if he's searching for them.

"Right." Adrian rolls his eyes and fakes a yawn, hinting that Lucas should get on with it.

"You're here early." Lucas comments suspiciously. Adrian notices that they're not too far from the spot that they were supposed to meet at.

"So are you." Adrian says with a bite in his one. He's getting annoyed quickly and doesn't want to talk to Lucas anymore.

"Why'd you bring Monique out here? To help you hunt?" Lucas asks, narrowing his eyes at Adrian.

Adrian's eyelids flutter in barely controlled frustration. Why did Lucas have to know how to control his werewolf abilities?

Monique steps out from behind the tree, knowing she's been revealed and hating that Adrian thought she needed to hide. Monique brushes off the leaf that had fallen on her worn, but still in good shape, black leather jacket.

"Hey Lucas." Monique greets him cheerfully. Lucas spares a glance at Monique. In that instance, Adrian's muscles tighten, ready to pounce on Lucas. Adrian considers grabbing Lucas and demanding answers, but he realizes he doesn't have to use violence to get what he wants. So back to faking emotions it is.