10

Yesterday morning in AP Biology class, nobody saw it coming.

Nobody knew that Cheryl would stand up and hold her wrists out. Nobody knew that she would say two words that would change everyone's view on her.

"I'm guilty," she said normally before Sheriff Keller and Principal Weatherbee lead her out of the classroom.

It was only this morning when it seemed like almost everyone had forgotten about Cheryl confessing to hearing a gun shot that morning on the Fourth of July.

Even Arabella had almost forgotten about it. Because Cheryl was definitely not on her mind when she sat in the Student Lounge with her friends and boyfriend.

The young Queen's legs were resting on top of Eric's lap as the two sat on the couch opposite of Kevin and Betty and shared a plain bagel, considering that they both skipped breakfast.

"So, Kevin, are you a suspect now?" Veronica asked the boy who was munching on a Twizzler.

"Actually, my dad says we all are, including me," he said as-a-matter-of-factly, pointing to his friends with his red candy rope, "especially Betty and Ara."

The girl's both looked at their friend; the blonde with furrowed eyebrows, and the dark-brown-haired exclaimed jokingly, "hey!"

Kevin shrugged and smirked, "it's the truth. You guys have the most history with the Blossoms."

The group of friends agreed with a simple head nod before Veronica said casually, "I shouldn't be a suspect though. I don't know these people."

Arabella nodded at Kevin, then pointed at Veronica, "she's on the not guilty list." The young Queen said, "and neither Eric nor I are murders. Cross us off the list."

"No can do, little Queenie," Kevin laughed, "it's only based off of what my dad finds out."

The girl smiled and looked up at her boyfriend. "Speaking of murders," Prince Charming finally chimed in, "there's a Halloween marathon tonight at Ara's house."

The girl that was sitting close to her boyfriend, nodded. "All of you four are cordially invited to binge on the junk-iest of junk food and scream at the top of your lungs at jumpscares," she said with a grin.

Betty responded quickly to her best friend, "I'd love to but I can't. I'm staying late to work on the paper."

Arabella's eyebrows furrowed at her friend's response, "booooo, Betty!"

"Everyone else is coming though, right?" Eric asked with slight excitement, as this was supposed to be the first time that he was going to try to be friends with his girlfriend's friends.

"Sorry, blondie," Veronica chimed in, "I'm busy tonight, too. I've got a date."

Arabella nearly choked when Veronica smirked after telling the news.

Everyone was exclaiming happily and questioning 'with who?', but the young Queen just shouted, "Ronnie, you son of a bitch!"

The raven-haired girl just nodded proudly and smirked. Before, answering the earlier question of 'with who?', the star-football co-captain of the Riverdale Bulldogs, Chuck, checked if he was still picking her up and she confirmed.

"Wait, you're going with Chuck?" Eric asked with slight concern in his voice, and only Arabella sensed it while Ronnie just nodded with a smile.

With furrowed eyebrows, she looked up at him. "What's wrong?" She asked softly. But the boy didn't answer until a few seconds later when he whispered back, "he's just- I don't know if he's going to do it to her but he does this thing to girls that sleep with him. Ronnie doesn't sleep with guys on the first date, right?"