32

It was later that day that Veronica and Betty had told Arabella of a baby shower that would take place at Veronica's house.

And it was later that week that the event actually happened.

Arabella had walked into the Lodge's home with a bright grin on her face, yellow and purple balloons floating behind her, and a large blue stroller with perfectly wrapped gifts inside of it.

"The Queens have arrived!" The girl shouted proudly upon entering. And though nobody was there yet, Arabella still felt satisfied with her opening.

"Bella! Mrs. Queen!" Polly exclaimed excitedly. The smile on her face didn't seem to be forced as she skipped across the living room to embrace them in warm hugs.

"Hello, Polly!" Melanie pleasantly sighed while welcoming the blonde girl's hug. "You look absolutely wonderful!"

Polly smiled at the woman's compliment before Arabella interrupted the moment with another.

"You're absolutely glowing, Poll," the young Queen grinned. "Now, I got you these balloons for decoration. I was thinking that we should keep it gender neutral considering we don't know the baby's, or babies', gender."

Polly nodded.

"And," Arabella continued, gesturing towards the stroller and the presents inside, "gifts!"

"Oh, Bella," Polly laughed awkwardly with surprise hinted in her eyes. "You really didn't have to go all out like this."

Arabella cupped the girl's cheeks in her hands with grace, knowing that Polly, being the kindest person she knew, deserved more than what Arabella had actually brought.

"Guess what, Polly Pocket? You deserve the world. You have been as much as a big sister to me as Betty, and I'm eternally grateful."

Polly grinned happily and became really instantly more comfortable in the young Queen's hand.

"Okay," Arabella sighed. "Where should I put this and where can I help?"

Veronica eyed the Queens with a smile and rushed over... or at least attempted to in the heels that she was wearing.

"I'll take those to the gift table," the raven-haired girl sighed, before raising her chin and nodding her head towards her dining table. "You can start placing macaroons on the display trays. And follow the pattern that I already started."

Arabella nodded proudly. "Ay, ay, captain!"

From what the young Queen understood, she knew that Veronica didn't really seem to like her... but if Veronica's mind changed, Arabella would definitely not be complaining.

The girl that flashed a long, light blue, high-low, flared skirt with a black top strolled casually over to where she was directed to go, and began to place the small cookies onto the metal display tray; after putting gloves on to stay sanitary, of course.

People began to crowd in slowly, greeting Arabella and her mother after they made their rounds with the Cooper daughters.

The young Queen had eyed everyone that entered to see if she knew them, and she pretty much knew all of them considering they attended the same school as her.

By now, Arabella was helping Jughead stack gifts on the table as Betty stood with Polly; greeting guests and thanking them for arriving.

"How's your dad?" Arabella asked the boy who still wouldn't take the beanie, with the crown cut into it, off.

Jughead looked up at his friend from a large, perfectly wrapped gift box.

"He's fine. But I won't be soon," he muttered ominously.